UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
We are seeking an experienced leader for our team of data scientists within Government Programs Marketing and Experience organization, who will be responsible for driving our machine learning agenda, developing and implementing models to improve the performance of marketing efforts and optimize our outcomes of our consumer interactions.
This highly visible role is an exciting opportunity to work on solving complex marketing and consumer engagement challenges with creative solutions and cutting-edge data science techniques.
If you are located in Minnetonka, MN area, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Lead team of data scientists and data engineers located in multiple geographical locations and time zones
- Drive data science and data engineering strategy for Marketing
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including marketers, internal and external data providers to improve performance of existing programs and identify new opportunities for embedding data science into processes
- Manage the Government Programs Marketing model portfolio
- Build collaborative relationships to drive high-quality execution of campaigns
- Regularly present data science development agenda and status to multiple levels of the organization
- Ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to work through ambiguity and adjust to changing priorities
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Ability to translate insights into action
- Detail oriented and analytical mindset
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in data science, statistics, econometrics, a related field or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years data science related experience
- Experience developing and managing multiple different models, using wide array of modeling techniques
- Experience leading cross functional teams towards a common goal
- Knowledge of database structures and data management
- Based on the Federal mandate full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
- Masters’ degree in data science, statistics, econometrics or a related field
- Experience working with large, complex data and analytics platforms
- Experience with wide range of tools and platforms, such as R, Python, SAS, SQL, Azure, Snowflake, BDPaaS
- Knowledge of marketing strategies
- Health care industry experience
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
For more information on our Internal Job Posting Policy, [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Director Data Science - UHC M&R Gov Programs Marketing - Minnetonka, MN.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Director Data Science, UHC M&R Gov Programs Marketing, Data Science, Data Analytics, Business Analysis, Marketing, R, Python, SQL, SAS, Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Snowflake, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota