The System Engineer role is to ensure the stability and integrity of in-house voice, data, video, and wireless network services. The Systems Engineer will participate with the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all hardware, software, and communication links. This individual will also analyze and resolve hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training where required.
Strategy & Planning
- Collaborate with executive management and department leaders to assess near- and long-term network capacity needs.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records.
- Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network administration, usage, and disaster recovery.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Design and deploy company LANs, WANs, and wireless networks, including servers, routers, hubs, switches, UPSs, and other hardware.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry.
- Oversee new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
- Configure networks to ensure their smooth and reliable operation for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed.
- Oversee installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user workstation hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- Ensure network connectivity of all servers, workstations, telephony equipment, fax machines, and other network appliances.
- Manage servers, including database, e-mail, print, and backup servers and their associated operating systems and software.
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
- Participate in managing all network security solutions.
- Perform server and security audits, and system backups and recovery.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team.
Knowledge & Experience
- Proven experience and success with LAN, WAN, WLAN, and WWAN design and implementation.
- Proven experience with network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices.
- Strong, hands-on technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems
- Strong Active Directory expereince
- Experience with SAN and Virtualization
- Excellent knowledge of telephony systems
- Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and Internet standards
- Excellent hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Competence with testing tools and procedures for voice and data circuits.
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
With Kelly, you’ll have direct connections to leading IT organizations in the best companies around the globe—offering you the chance to work on some of today’s most intriguing, innovative and high-visibility projects. In a field where change is the only constant, our connections and opportunities will help you take your career exactly where you want to go. We work with 90 of the Fortune 100™ companies companies and found opportunities for more than 8,600 IT professionals last year. Let us help advance your career today.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. URL blocked - click to apply