To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lake Mary, FL 32746
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Franchised Executive Chef
Marriott • Lake Mary, FL
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Posting Date Jan 25, 2018
Job Number 180009C2
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations Location Orlando Marriott Lake Mary, Lake Mary, Florida VIEW ON MAP Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott Schedule Full-time Relocation? No
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International's franchisees.
Please apply vie e-mail - [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Pinnacle Hotel Management. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel's employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Coordinates activities of, and directs training of chef's, cooks, and other kitchen workers engaged in preparing and cooking foods. Ensures efficient and profitable food service by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates & supervisors. Requires understanding the coordination and implementation of all food & beverage activities, and executes banquet contract requests for the department. To assist in the development of a training program to include timeliness and critical paths for regular dining service and special events.
To direct: Carrying out executive chef responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing for prospective staff members, supervisory, and training for the present or future; assign goals and objectives; appraise performance; coordinating and direct activities; rewards and disciplines associates.
To be efficient and successful, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. 50 hours per week minimum however work commensurate with volume and demand. Requires availability to work varied hours, holidays, etc.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
2 year degree from an accredited university in culinary arts and 7 years of executive leadership experience in the culinary production of catering and dining room. Hotel or resort experience preferred. Technical computer proficiency on Micros, Excel, Microsoft Word, Windows operating environment.
- Ability to communicate at a management level with guests and co-workers in hotel.
- Ability to create and/or interpret documents pertinent to the successful operation of the Conference Services Department.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply all necessary mathematical formulas required in maintaining proportions to percentages, all budgetary calculations and menu costing.
To plan, organize and implement at a supervisory level. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to develop, interpret and communicate a variety instructions via written, oral, diagram, or other structured formats.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES REGISTRATIONS:
Must be proficient in areas of sanitation and supervision, other managerial and/or food-related certifications mandated by the state of Florida required.
- Ability to verbally communicate effectively with guests and co-workers.
- Pushing, pulling, bending, stooping, upward reaching.
- Some exposure to cleaning chemicals
- Prolonged periods of standing and/or walking.
- A thorough knowledge of Marriotts Culture and the practice of Basics of Brilliant Hosting. Each Manager is responsible for maintaining total compliance of the Art of Hosting by their associates through ongoing training and reinforcement by modeling these behaviors, positive reinforcement and by taking corrective disciplinary measures
- Plans or participates in planning menus, utilization of food surpluses and leftovers taking into account probable number of guests, marketing conditions, popularity of various dishes. Responsible for the quality control as well as consistency of food product in all food and beverage outlets.
- Estimates food consumption and purchases or requisitions foodstuffs and kitchen supplies.
- Reviews menus, analysis recipes, determines food, labor, and direct expense costs, and assigns prices to control food costs.
- Directs food apportionment policy to control costs and meet budgeted food cost goals
- Leading and directing all culinary / stewarding personnel, as well as, assisting in the direction of dining room service staff. Supervises culinary staff while they are cooking, and other personnel to ensure timely food production.
- Observes methods of food preparation and cooking, sizes of portions, and plate presentations.
- Tests cooked foods by tasting and smelling them. Advises special dishes, develops recipes and/or approves recipes and specialties.
- Interviews & hires perspective candidates for culinary and stewarding.
- Familiarizes newly hired chefs and cooks with practices of kitchen and oversees training of all culinary and stewarding.
- Evaluate and record associate performance based upon company standards and time guidelines.
- Establishes and enforces nutrition and Marriott sanitation policies and programs for culinary and dining service staff.
- Controlling daily financial information with cost considerations to food and labor, while monitoring costs in relation to budgets and forecasts.
- To assist the Director of Food and Beverage in any task requested to enhance the quality of the guest experience and complete all reasonable requests by management.
- This will acknowledge that I have been given a copy and I understand my Position Responsibility for the Orlando Marriott Lake Mary.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.