About Covanta: Covanta is a world leader in providing sustainable waste and energy solutions. Annually, Covanta’s modern Energy-from-Waste facilities safely convert approximately 20 million tons of waste from municipalities and businesses into clean, renewable electricity to power one million homes and recycle approximately 500,000 tons of metal. Through a vast network of treatment and recycling facilities, Covanta also provides comprehensive industrial material management services to companies seeking solutions to some of today’s most complex environmental challenges. For more information, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Procurement Specialist .
Information on our facilities is available at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Procurement Specialist . For career opportunities, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Procurement Specialist . Covanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability EEO is the Law Poster (The poster can be found at http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf) Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's experience or skills.
- Covanta is seeking a high energy and dedicated individual seeking an oversight role with a solid background in purchasing, logistics and supplier development.
- Now to the specifics of the role:
- Reporting to Regional Procurement (dotted into the Facility) , you will oversee , execute all procurement activity in conjunction with another Procurement resource already in place. The position is based in the Honolulu Hawaii facility.
- Your role will span strategic, tactical, and transactional purchasing activities. You will be responsible for coordinating with corporate functions create synergies to control and reduce costs all in an effort to grow the business efficiently and effectively.
- Execute procurement responsibilities (RFQ, P.O.s, Match exceptions) for scheduled and unscheduled outage work and day to day procurement activities to ensure sustained plant operations.
- If this sounds interesting? Read on.
- Specific Areas of Responsibilities:
- Bring high energy and focus to the procurement organization.
- Drive procurement excellence to day to day operations minimizing down time and while ensuring effective throughput.
- Manage all procurement activity for capital projects, maintenance activities, facility needs and subcontracted labor.
- Support the development of category strategies (leveraging the required market intelligence), multi-year roadmaps & actionable sourcing and project plans to optimize the company’s spend. An expansion of sourcing involvement in areas of spend not currently managed is anticipated all done in conjunction with the Global Category Management Team
- Optimize the local supply base by identifying, developing and maximizing opportunities within the regions
- Drive supplier performance through rigorous KPI’s though data driven scorecards
- Oversee competitive bid processes (RFP’s, RFI’s, and RFQ’s) for all commodities, parts and services
- Effectively manage supplier relationships to optimize service, quality, and cost
Ensure savings initiatives spanning cost reduction, cost avoidance, revenue enhancement, rebates, working capital, etc. are accurately documented, reviewed, reported and transferred to the annual operating budgets and long-term strategic plans
Critical Skills and Leadership Characteristics:
- Focused, action-oriented, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards
- Leadership skills with a record of achieving results individually and through others
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and written
- Ability to work cross functionally with peers and other business leaders
- Ability to manage multiple projects, concurrently, and manage priorities
- Organized, team player who is an effective influencer
Demonstrated ability to lead change in the face of adversity; to challenge the status quo constructively
This is an excellent opportunity for next step career advancement for the right individual including excellent growth opportunity
Minimum Bachelor’s degree; preferably Supply Chain, Finance, or technical discipline; MBA preferred
3-5+ years of procurement and supply management experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Expert-level negotiation skills and experience negotiating high profile contracts
- Understanding of regional labor markets related to labor subcontracting and contract services a plus
- Experience with Reverse Auctions with a variety commodities, products and services, including knowledge of the process and software used
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft ERP (or SAP) and Microsoft (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) a plus
- Working knowledge of Project based planning tools, MS Project as an example
Highly accomplished in developing and reporting key performance indicators (KPIs)
Solid understanding of Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) modeling, contracts, and change management
- Lean Six Sigma and CI experience; Certification a benefit
Domestic and International