To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Reliability Engineer, Global Engineering and Turnaround
LyondellBasell • Houston, TX
Posted 13 days ago
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
LyondellBasell's Global Engineering and Turnaround (GE&T) is a world-class, central engineering support organization - advancing continuous performance improvements in our manufacturing facilities worldwide. The Houston Engineering Center is located only 14 short miles from downtown Houston, TX. The position offers a competitive base salary, bonus, 401K matching, generous benefits package, pension plan and employee discounts.
The role of the Reliability Engineer for GE&T is to lead improvement in reliability and maintenance performance across LyondellBasell's manufacturing sites by serving as a reliability subject matter expert. This position functions as a reliability process and tool expert and will use these skills and experience to continuously improve processes, practices and tools at Manufacturing sites.
The GE&T Reliability Engineer will provide support to the sites in implementing the elements of the reliability excellence model, perform reliability analysis to identify and resolve maintenance and reliability issues, and review maintenance and lost profit opportunity data to identify equipment and systemic opportunities. S/he will work with GE&Tequipment and process experts, Technical Networks, and site personnel to drive improvements in equipment design, maintenance and operations practices to sustain and improve reliability.
The GE&T Reliability Engineer will work across business units to facilitate shared learnings and best practices throughout the company as well as mentor others in reliability engineering skills and processes. This position also supports management of the Program Maintenance budget by coordinating the project justification process, tracking progress in implementation and communicating learnings broadly across the company.
This position will also work closely with Capital Project management teams to support projects in phase 1 and phase 2 by performing or facilitating RAM analysis in support of scenario modeling. In Phases 3 and 4, the GE&T Reliability Engineer will support the development of an Asset Management Strategy through the implementation of the reliability excellence model for the capital project scope. This will include processes for the development of the asset register, critical equipment identification, maintenance strategy, and spare parts analysis
Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead maintenance and reliability assessments such as Reliability Excellence Model gap analysis, RCM studies, Wiebull Analysis, and SAP data analysis at manufacturing sites to assist with identification of opportunities in equipment reliability and management systems, as well as assist the sites in developing improvement programs
- Serve as a maintenance and reliability tool owner and subject matter expert. Examples include Meridium, IHS, SAP, statistical analysis tools (JMP, minitab), RAM modeling software (Fidelis or Raptor)etc. to drive knowledge and application of key tools used to manage and improve maintenance and reliability programs
- Support engineering and craft development to ensure that personnel have the right skills and tools to effectively and efficiently perform their roles. Mentor less experienced engineers in the use of reliability tools, practices, and methodology and ensure that they have access to the latest tools and data needed to efficiently and effectively perform their roles. Drive effective use of Reliability Improvement Teams and coach on sound reliability and maintenance engineer fundamentals such as Engineering Discipline (ED).
- Analyze maintenance and reliability metrics and other data to identify site and systemic opportunities. Proactively engage with GE&T equipment experts, Technical Networks and sites when opportunities are identified to identify company-wide trends requiring action. Help sites understand performance opportunities.
- Support the management of Program Maintenance by coordinating the project justification process, tracking progress on execution and communicating results to ensure that sites justify and execute reliability and MCI improvement projects according to plan. Validate site and company long range plans.
- Work with manufacturing sites to establish and implement an overall strategy for core reliability and maintenance IT tools; Ensure plans to address IT tool obsolescence are well defined and forecasted. Look for the best tools and practices and champions those through the IT Steering Team
- Conduct root cause failure analysis and/or incident investigations on site reliability issues or incidents to identify and resolve site-specific reliability issues.
- Develop reliability excellence model documents to support the Global Asset Integrity Standard (GAIS). Supports gap analysis and action plan development. Participates in OE audits as Global Asset Integrity Standard leader to identify and capture best practices in guidelines and model procedures.
- Participate in industry organizations such as SMRP, NPRA, HBR to stay informed of new technology, industry trends and practices to informally network and benchmark with others in our industry.
- BS in Engineering (Mechanical, Civil or Electrical) with a minimum of 8 years of experience in maintenance and/or reliability engineering in the refining, petrochemical, chemical process industries
Experienced in the use of reliability tools such as Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM), and Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA), RAM Modeling, Root Cause Failure Analysis, Reliability Growth Analysis, Six Sigma (or similar data analytic techniques).
Capable of influencing others in all positions, including management
Demonstrated success in broad perspective, drive for results, and innovation
Must possess strong analytical skills
Exhibit strong communication skills and ability to develop consensus and drive change through plant organizations
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston