To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Charleston, WV
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Industrial Machinery Mechanic
Manpower • Charleston, WV
Posted 28 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Manpower of WV is seeking an Industrial Machinery Mechanic for a regional employer in the Charleston, WV area.
● Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
● Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
● Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
● Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
● Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
● Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
● Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
● Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
● Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
● Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
● Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
● Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
● Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
● Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
● Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
● Previous experience in industrial machinery mechanics required
● Must have experience with hydraulics and fluid powered repair.
● Familiarity with assembly tools and equipment
● Ability to handle physical workload
● Ability to work well in teams
● Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Who is Manpower?
Locally owned, but globally connected, Manpower is a full service staffing and human resources company that provides thousands of jobs every year across West Virginia, Ohio and Kentucky. Manpower provides recruitment and assessment, training and development, career management, outsourcing and workforce solutions across the region.
For more information on exciting local employment opportunities and to register with us, please visit www.Manpower.com or follow us on Facebook at Manpower WV.
Manpower is an EEO/AA/ADA/Veterans employer