To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
STRYKER SYSTEMS MAINTAINER
United States Army • Chicago, IL
Posted 10 days ago
The Stryker systems maintainer works as part of a team to maintain the Stryker family of vehicles and keep the vehicles and the operating systems running smoothly.
Some of those vehicles include the M1128 Mobile gun system, the M1132 Engineer support vehicle, the M1133 Medical evacuation vehicle and the M1135 NBC recon vehicle.
- Performs field and sustainment level maintenance on various vehicle systems to include the suspension systems, steering systems, hydraulic systems, fire extinguisher/suppression systems and vehicular mounted armament
- Supervises compliance with shop safety program and use, and maintenance and security of power tools
- Diagnoses and troubleshoots malfunctions
- Supervises and provides technical guidance to junior grade Soldiers
- Performs battlefield damage and assessment and repair
Those who want to serve must first take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, a series of tests that helps you better understand your strengths and identify which Army jobs are best for you.TRAINING
Training for a Stryker systems maintainer requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and 17 weeks of Advanced Individual Training with on-the-job instructions. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part in the field, including inspection and repair of Stryker engines and systems.
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Engine disassembly and repair
- Repair of hydraulic, fuel and electrical systems
- Repair and maintenance of armament systems
- Interest in mathematics, shop mechanics and engine mechanics
- Ability to use hand and power tools