Collaborate with Innovative 3Mers Around the World
Choosing where to start and grow your career has a major impact on your professional and personal life, so it's equally important you know that the company that you choose to work at, and its leaders, will support and guide you. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place where you can collaborate with 96,000 other curious, creative 3Mers.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
The Impact You'll Make in this Role
As a Maintenance Technician, you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. Here, you will make an impact by:
* Safely install, maintain, repair, modify, troubleshoot, diagnose, calibrate and perform preventive maintenance on industrial and commercial equipment and devices used in production and utility areas
* Perform mechanical and electrical maintenance support activities in a manufacturing environment including PLC support, general facilities and manufacturing process equipment
* Collaborate in a team setting to solve problems and improve operations
* Operate powered and manual industrial vehicles, tools and equipment
* Engage in daily continuous improvement activities to improve the workplaces safety, quality, service, cost and engagement.
Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M is looking for candidates who must have the following qualifications:
* Possess a High School Diploma/GED or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution.
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
* Possess a 2-Year Technical degree in Industrial Maintenance, Automation, Controls or other maintenance fields.
* Minimum three years of industrial maintenance experience in a private, public, government or military environment
* Minimum three years of PLC control systems experience
* Experience troubleshooting and problem solving in a manufacturing environment
* Mechanical aptitude and thorough understanding of electrical, electronic and PLC Logic concepts.
* Self-motivated, team oriented and excellent interpersonal skills
Relocation Assistance: Not Authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Supporting Your Well-being
3M offers many programs to help you live your best life - both physically and financially. To ensure competitive pay and benefits, 3M regularly benchmarks with other companies that are comparable in size and scope.
Resources for You
For more details on what happens before, during and after the interview process, check out the Insights for Candidates page at 3M.com/careers.
This posting is for a Maintenance Technician position at 3M Cumberland, WI 3M anticipates that multiple openings for this position will occur over time. Qualified applicants may be considered as Maintenance Technician openings occur at 3M Cumberland, WI, and 3M will accept applications for up to 6 months from the posting date of this requisition. After that, the posting will be taken down and applicants will need to apply/re-apply for available open postings at that time.
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
Responsibilities of this position include that corporate policies, procedures and security standards are complied with while performing assigned duties.
Pay & Benefits Overview: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Maintenance Technician
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
- Business Process Improvement
- Control Systems
- Interpersonal Skills