To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Livingston, NJ 07039
- Cerebral Palsy of North Jersey
- Phone: 000-000-0000
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
School Nurse - RN- Per Diem
Cerebral Palsy of North Jersey • Livingston, NJ
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Registered Nurse, Horizon School- Per Diem
Provides direct nursing care for students with disabilities and staff as needed
- Provides nursing care to students and staff in accordance with New Jersey statutes, regulations and Department of Education guidelines, and CPNJ policies and procedures
- Administers medication to students according to prescription and performs related administrative responsibilities
- Determines need to refers students home because of illness or to hospitals, clinics, or physicians
- Obtains required health information for each student (physicals, height and weight) annually and ensures that all student immunizations are up to date
- May participate in intake screening of students to assist in determination school's ability to meet student's medical needs
- May participate in IEP meeting to discuss health care planning needs
- Assists in organizing medical clinics and various screening activities; participates in clinics as required
- May serve as interface between school and medical professionals
- May conducts and participate in in-service staff training on health related issues
- Administration of tube feedings and care of G-Tube site
- Performs other functions as directed by supervisor
Knowledge and demonstrated competence in the general practices and principles of nursing; of statutes, rules and regulations governing the practice of nursing in a school setting; of normal child development and developmental disabilities
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Ability to convey health information to others clearly, concisely and logically; to respect and maintain confidentiality; to communicate effectively verbally and in writing; to establish and maintain proper working relationships with students, parents, supervisors, co-workers and staff; to perform strenuous physical activities such as lifting, carrying and moving children with disabilities; to maintain a safe working environment; to adhere to ethical standards of the profession; personnel policies, procedures and universal health precautions
Graduation from an accredited school of nursing; State of NJ Board of Nursing licensure as a Registered Nurse; at least one year's experience in a school or pediatric setting or an equivalent combination of education and experience; fingerprint examination and approval by State of New Jersey