Job Description Summary:
MaineGeneral Health. We're With You. Be With Us
MaineGeneral Health is a comprehensive non-profit system with the mission of enhancing, every day, the health of our patients, our families and our communities.
If you are looking for the opportunity to support your friends, family, and your community through your work at MaineGeneral Health...Come be with us.
The Role: HomeCare Visit Nurse (RN) - Per Diem
Are you adventurous and looking for a new challenge in your nursing career that will foster your clinical independence and decision-making? Are you looking for an organization that is committed to creating "joy" in the workplace and understands that nurses need some TLC too?
If so, MaineGeneral Homecare and Hospice is the organization for you! We are looking for the Best of the Best nurses to join our team so that we can become the #1 Homecare and Hospice Agency in the state of Maine! We value our nurses' opinions and encourage the sharing of ideas through many shared-governance committees. We are deeply committed to providing ongoing education and support clinical certification and professional growth.
We're currently seeking an experienced Registered Nurse (RN) to join our HomeCare South Team as a Per Diem Visit Nurse.
* Plans, implements, and evaluates patient care plans based on patient assessment to optimize outcomes and maximize available resources. Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
* Collaborates as needed across disciplines to coordinate patient care, including patient transfer, discharge, referral and spiritual/psychosocial support needs.
* Evaluates learning needs of patient and/or family and provides patient/family education appropriate to age, culture, condition, and circumstances.
* Effectively delegates patient care to ancillary personnel. May precept student nurses and new hires.
* Active Maine RN license or ability to obtain the same in a timely fashion, required.
* At least 1 year acute or med/surg (or equivalent) nursing experience, required.
* Previous ED, ICU, CCU, or home care experience preferred.
* Valid driver's license & acceptable driving record, required
* Strong technology/computer skills and previous experience with electronic medical records (EMR) preferred.
* Continuing Education Opportunities/Tuition Reimbursement
* Growth opportunities within the organization
* Dedication to employee safety, wellness and work/life balance
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Supporting all aspects of our employees' wellness - physical, emotional and financial - is a critical component of being a great place to work. With the wide range of benefits and programs available, employees have the resources they need to be well at every stage of life and plan for the future.
We offer wellness programs and resources to provide employees access to resources for a healthy lifestyle.
When life gets challenging, employees have access to our Employee Assistance Program for employees and anyone in their household.
* An employee discount program is available to all employees for services provided by MaineGeneral Medical Center.
* We offer eligible employees up to 2% of eligible pay in 403(b) company-matching contributions plus another 2% in the 401(a) retirement income plan.
Helping our employees develop their skills and grow their careers is critical to how we retain our talent and sustain our business. We do this by offering our teammates a variety of leadership-supported programs and learning and development resources for every stage of their professional development. We know that our employees are our most valuable resource - they're how we grow our business and care for our community.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/Disability Assistive technologies are available. Application assistance for those requesting reasonable accommodation to the career site is available by contacting HR at
- Clinical Works
- Critical Care
- Decision Making
- Electronic Medical Record
- Hardworking And Dedicated
- Health Care