To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Richmond, VA 23219
- Susan Piercy
- Phone: 828-684-0228
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Senior Tax Accountant
System One • Richmond, VA
Posted 2 months ago
System One Services is currently seeking a Senior Tax Accountant for a direct hire position located in Richmond, VA. This direct hire position offers a competitive salary, 401k match, paid vacation/holidays, relocation assistance, and more.
Senior Tax Accountant Responsibilities:
- This role may prepare and/or review all assigned federal, state and/or local tax returns, tax payments, and tax accruals, in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and established policies and procedures.
- Prepares information for financial statements and regulatory filings.
- Prepares annual tax budgets and maintains actual to budget variances, as assigned.
- Prepares responses for internal and external audits of financial statements, regulatory filings, internal controls, and tax returns.
- Researches tax, accounting, or business issues related to assigned entities or projects, and formulates and provides recommendations to management.
- May coordinate special projects, including analyzing tax issues in connection with acquisitions, divestures, or new business opportunities, identifying potential tax opportunities, and analyzing the impact of new or proposed tax laws and/or interpretations.
- Assists in training of co-workers and dissemination of new or emerging issues or information.
- Recommends changes to information gathering and tax filing processes.
Senior Tax Accountant Qualifications:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance, or Tax.
- At least 5 years of corporate accounting experience or 4+ years of public accounting or corporate tax department accounting experience.
- A combination of knowledge developed through formal education and practical experience that demonstrates a strong understanding of concepts regarding tax laws and tax accounting practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of tax research methods with ability to interpret tax laws, to prepare general tax research memorandums, and to formulate recommendations for management.
- Ability to research issues and to formulate and develop recommendations for management.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and experience with ERP software.
- Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to provide technical assistance and training to others.
- Ability to prioritize and to manage time well.
- Attention to detail and demonstrated active listening skills.
- Ability to provide critical feedback and peer review of assigned work tasks.
Additional Information: We are looking for candidates with either 5 years of corporate tax accounting experience or at least 4 years of public accounting. We are looking for candidates with experience in federal (1120), state and local tax return preparation, financial and regulatory filing experience, audit response experience and experience working with tax budgets. Property tax, sales & use tax, or similar type tax experience is not applicable.