To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
3799 South Las Vegas Boulevard
Las Vegas, NV 89109
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Hotel Operations Manager I (The Signature)
MGM Resorts International • Las Vegas, NV
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
It is the primary responsibility of the Hotel Operations Manager to oversee the daily operations of all Front Desk related areas to ensure that standards and strategic objectives are being upheld. The Hotel Operations Manager will play a vital role in guest satisfaction, revenue management, and team engagement. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental, property, and corporate policies, practices, and procedures.
- Assist with the operational functions within the department consistent with the strategic plan and vision for the department, the division and the property.
- Assist with monitoring fiscal budget, operations of assigned department(s) and marketing strategies to produce both short-term and long-term profitability.
- Assist with managing the delivery and measurement of guest service within assigned department(s) consistent with the company’s core service standards and brand attributes.
- Provide input into the research, development, evaluation and implementation of new products, services, technology and processes to ensure the property’s competitive position and in anticipation of changing customer needs within the dynamic hospitality and gaming environment.
- Create a work environment which promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect and employee satisfaction; quality hiring, training and succession planning processes that encompass the company’s diversity commitment; compliance with company policies, legal requirements and collective bargaining agreements.
- Monitor Daily Count to ensure appropriate a number of clean rooms are available for check-ins, remaining inventory, and appropriate planning based on arrivals/departures.
- Ensure guest complaint resolution procedures are implemented within the view of the properties philosophy and service.
- Complete and review employee work schedules and work closely with Front Desk management to balance employee needs with work demands.
- Respond to notification of unusual events or circumstances requiring mid-level management attention.
- Inform the Director of the Front Office of situations which require attention.
- Assist the Director of Front Office with any tasks assigned.
- Respond to emergency situations accordingly. Additionally respond to any Security related accidents or evictions.
- Coordinate hotel related projects with Housekeeping and Engineering to ensure rooms are placed out of service for labor to be completed.
- Maintain guest arrival/departure lines and the overall appearance of the lobby in order to provide a proper welcome statement to guests.
- Complete all payroll related functions within Workday and the Career Tracking System, checking employee swipes, and issuing payment for upsell commissions.
- Conduct hiring functions such as scheduling and conducting interviews, issuing job offers, and scheduling Property orientation.
- Work with the Training department to ensure all service and regulatory related courses are completed in Insider Education and that all staff are fully compliant.
- Keep all public areas (casino, guest rooms, front areas) at exemplary presentation.
- Assist with Bell Desk and Valet related concerns as needed.
- Manage the Front Desk operations through manual processes as needed during any system downtimes.
- Inspect any rooms reporting health related concerns.
- Issue discipline and follow up with coaching.
- Provide incentives to reach monthly goals.
- Engage, entertain and inspire all who visit a MGM Resorts International Resort.
- Perform all other job related duties as requested.
- Bachelor degree in Hotel Management or related field or equivalent education and experience.
- At least 3 years of guest service experience at a major hotel/resort complex.
- At least 2 years of supervisory experience at a major hotel/resort complex.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting