Coordinates the rental and inside counter sales of new and used equipment within the assigned branch to achieve profit goals
* Develops high output rental and sales of machinery.
* Develops marketing strategy to reach as wide a market as possible to expand MacAllister's business.
* Conveys the highest quality customer service to all buyers and clients.
* Works with other sales coordinators, branch managers, dispatchers and shops to ensure the completeness of all paperwork and contractual agreements.
* Is required to dispatch trucks in a safe and efficient manner to meet customer needs.
* Maintains a safety conscious work environment both inside and outside of store.
* Answers in-coming customer phone calls quickly and efficiently.
* Assists with walk-in customers, outside sales force and other departments and works with dispatch to ensure rental orders are completed "on time".
* Assist outside sales with quoting and proper filing of all documentation.
* Is responsible for opening and closing the store and the associated security.
* Knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through a high school education with technical training.
* Minimum of 3 years selling experience.
* High school equivalency math skills required
* Mechanical troubleshooting experience is very helpful
* Familiarity with surrounding areas would be helpful as well as the ability to read and understand maps of the city and surrounding areas
* Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
* Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written, non-verbal, listening and presentation skills
* Excellent analytical skills such as problem solving and the ability to interpret policies, procedures and guidelines
* A complete knowledge of the market and the product with the ability to discuss the technical aspects of machinery such as aerial lifts, welders, generators, light towers and heavy machinery
* Strong leadership skills such as creative thinking, decision making and goal setting
* Moderate computer skills, including experience using Microsoft Office software such as Word and Excel. Moderate experience using data base systems.
* Must be able to lift 70+ pounds on an as needed basis in order to assist customers with products
* Must be able to operate all equipment safely
The duties and responsibilities described here are not a comprehensive list, and the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
MacAllister Machinery Co Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
- Aerial Work Platforms
- Customer Demand Planning
- Customer Service