Summary: As an Ambassador and front line contact to Contractors, Remodelers & Architects; a Channel Development Specialist (CDS) will work with our clientele to educate, train and secure orders on Diamond Kote Building Products. Maintain positive/profitable relations. Convert business and increase the brand recognition of Diamond Kote Building Products in the market.
CDS duties to include (not limited to):
• Be a product expert for Diamond Kote Building Products offered by Wausau Supply Company.
• Promote & educate our proprietary Diamond Kote Building Products.
• Travel within geography making calls on contractors, remodelers & architects.
• Assist and educate contractors/installers with the following:
o Seminars promoting product as well as proper installation practices.
o Sponsoring and attending customer educational events (i.e. breakfast/lunch events and evening product shows) promoting Diamond Kote Building Products where contractors, remodelers and/or architects are present.
• Be a solutions provider for your customers; and quick problem resolution.
• Identify and solicit new business opportunities.
• Continuous education to stay current with:
o Changing products in the industry. (Both Diamond Kote Building Products and competitive brands).
o Building codes & practices.
• Attend sales meetings, customer functions, contractor events, trade shows, and all other events as assigned.
• Ability to work directly with installers for job site startups and installation to ensure a smooth process.
• Communicate effectively with Regional Manager on a regular basis.
• Complete all sales reports on time and accurately. Utilizing CRM system to document and track sales process.
• Work effectively with internal departments (warranty, customer service, and accounting) to help provide a positive customer experience.
• Compliance with all company safety initiatives and Safety Observations to meet company goals.
A CDS will possess and/or demonstrate the ability to:
• Proficient presentation, verbal & written communication skills.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and meet communicated sales goals.
• Display professional behavior to all internal and external contacts in conjunction with policies and procedures as outline in the employee handbook.
• General working knowledge of residential construction.
• Strong people skills needed in order to develop and sustain relationships that would result in advanced sales of our key products
• Utilize electronic expense report tools daily.
• Keep company vehicle clean and in compliance with recommended maintenance schedule along with organized and prepared to perform your responsibilities, maintaining a professional image.
Education / Experience:
• High School Diploma, College Degree and/or 3-5 years of related sales experience preferred.
• Microsoft Office Suite knowledge base, any sale reporting software knowledge is a plus.
• Highly developed planning and organizational abilities.
Reports to: Regional Manager
Working Demands / Requirements:
• Ability to sit for long periods of time because of travel aspect of position.
• Must possess a MVR that qualifies per the auto insurance requirements.
• Flexibility relative to hours as travel is weekly with some overnights.
• Home Office needs to have rapid high speed internet.
• Ability to lift and carry 75 lbs. occasionally.
• Ability to safely operate air/power tools.
Conclusion: A Wausau Supply Co. CDS will exemplify the high standards that have come to be associated with Wausau Supply Co. As a frontline employee, politeness, honor and integrity is expected in every contractor/client interaction.
New Product Development