For over 60 years, Blain’s Farm & Fleet has maintained our commitment to offer customers high quality products, reliable service, and competitive prices. We were recognized for the second year in a row on Forbes magazine’s 2019 list of America’s Best Mid-Size Employer. Currently with 41 store locations across Illinois, Iowa, Wisconsin, and Michigan, we are a private, family-owned specialty discount retailer with a track record of never closing a store location. Blain’s actively gives back to the community through local donations, as well as supporting the American Heart Association for over 25 years. Our work culture is family-oriented, shown by our closing for major holidays. As our company expands, you could be the next talented, forward-thinking member to join our team.
We offer an outstanding benefits package, including:
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Parental leave
- Associate discount program
- 401(k) retirement plan & profit-sharing program
- Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Short- and long-term disability and Life Insurance
- Relocation assistance
Whether you’re just starting out on your career or looking for a change, we want you to bring your passion and experience to Blain’s Farm and Fleet. We strive to ensure that our work environment is positive, challenging, and rewarding while offering our associates exceptional career growth potential.
Interested? Apply today!
The Service Advisor will perform automotive services in a timely and efficient manner while providing quality customer service. There are three Service Technician positions with regard to level of expertise and duties assigned. Associates will be trained to achieve Level I status.
- Assist customers with their purchases in a customer service and sales focused environment.
- Utilize computers to determine product inventory levels and product arrival dates. Utilize computers and VAST system to set up work orders for customers, schedule service work and communicate to the service department.
- Explain work orders and invoices to customers.
- Perform Retail Cashier Duties by obtaining and processing customer payments.
- Install batteries, balance wheels, repair and install tires when required.
- Perform oil changes using LOF procedures when required.
- Demonstrate awareness and compliance with Loss Prevention and safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to interpret vehicle inspection results and make appropriate service recommendations to customers.
- Must have great communication skills
- Ability to work evenings when needed and at least every other weekend
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug screening and background checks
- Ability to read and speak English
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers and coworkers
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Prior auto repair experience is preferred
- Prior retail experience preferred
Implement Sale Strategy
Address Prospective Client
Create Sale Plan
Cultivating Long Term Relationships
See the next step in your career
*$12.50/hr!* Automotive Service Advisor
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 2019-8105
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Founded in 1955 by brothers W.C. (Claude) Blain and N.B. (Bert) Blain, Blain's Farm & Fleet stores are specialty discount retailers with 36 locations throughout Wisconsin, Illinois and Iowa. Receiving management, merchandising and distribution services from Blain Supply, Inc., each retail store is a division of one of the Farm and Fleet Corporations, as shown in our store locator. They are not owned by or a subsidiary of Blain Supply, Inc. Following the vision of their father, Robert Blain and Jane Blain Gilbertson (N.B. Blain’s children) remain steadfast in offering customers high-quality products, competitive prices, reliable service and providing you with a family shopping experience. Blain’s Farm & Fleet stores have 150,000 items available for sale so that everything you need for your family or for a project are found under one roof. Major Brands Offered: Carhartt, Levi's, Sag Harbor, Hamilton Beach, Chicago Cutlery, Rubbermaid, CharBroil, Huffy, Purina, Toro, Black & Decker, Moen, Michelin, John Lyons, Science Diet, Milwaukee, Delta, MTD, Healthtex, Columbia Sportswear, Farnam, Fram, Lee, KitchenAid, Cuisinart, Coleman, Cooper Tire and many more!
View the full profile