About NOV and Rig Technologies
National Oilwell Varco (NOV) is a leading provider of technology, equipment, and services to the global oil and gas industry that supports customers’ full-field drilling, completion, and production needs. Since 1862, NOV has pioneered innovations that improve the cost-effectiveness, efficiency, safety, and environmental impact of oil and gas operations.
NOV Rig Technologies makes and supports the world’s most advanced drilling solutions. With a long history of manufacturing advanced drilling equipment packages—think top drives, iron roughnecks, drawworks, BOPs, and risers—as well as complete land rigs, we're constantly working to solve our customers’ operational challenges. We're designing new technology and robotics that deliver increased automation; expanding our training offerings to help our partners close the industry's generational gap; and developing smarter, more advanced drilling solutions for all types of land and offshore environments.
We're continually pushing our own standards higher to deliver the safest, most efficient, and most reliable drilling solutions in the world. Join us as we continue to power the industry that powers the world.
NOV Rig Technologies is currently recruiting for a CNC Programmer to join our team in Houston, TX.
- Formulate efficient operational programs that maximize machine utilization and product quality to assure customer expectations are met.
- Complete and maintain the program documentation and file system.
- Be responsive to the short-term needs of the shop to keep the NC machines running at 100% efficiency.
- Contribute to the cost reduction program by actively seeking and reporting opportunities for reduced costs.
- Maintain awareness of new ideas in processes, tools, methods, etc. and apply them effectively to NC manufacturing.
- Develop and maintain open communication with all personnel in include accepting suggestions and instruction.
- Responsible for coordinating with the Manufacturing Engineer to update routers for part programs created or modified.
- Utilizing large turning lathes Vertical machining Centers, HBM’s
- Utilizing Fanuc Controls primarily.
- Perform other work related tasks as assigned.
- 3 years of dedicated machining and programming
- Experience programming large oilfield components is preferred.
- Prefer experience with Esprit Cam Software and Verticut
- Experience with SolidWorks and creating Models
- M-F Schedule days starting at 7am Occasional Weekends as needed
- Comply with all NOV Company and HSE policies and procedures.
- File Systems
- Oil Fields
- Quality Management
- Solid Works (Cad)
- Computer Programming