To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL 60601
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Director, Divisional Sales & Service -St Louis, Indianapolis, Chicago
Lumber Liquidators, Inc • Chicago, IL
Posted 2 months ago
Director, Divisional Sales & Service
9919 – Installations
Vice President, LLIS
General Work Schedule:
This position routinely works Monday through Friday. May work beyond a standard fulltime schedule and may involve some evening or weekend work based on business needs.
Number of People Supervised:
Budget Managed ($):
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
The Divisional Sales & Service Director (DSSD) will be responsible for achieving or exceeding divisional goals for sales, primarily Pro and Install, margin forecasts, customer experience, competitive intelligence, and labor fulfillment. This leader will maintain a strong partnership with the Divisional Vice President (DVP) and interact with senior leadership to ensure the Company’s Installed and Pro sales model is consistently executed to drive and grow sales and services. This leader facilitates communication to all key stakeholders. This leader is also responsible for the development and performance of the Regional Sales & Service Managers (RSSMs) who oversee daily operations of LL Install + and Pro +to include the leadership, influence, and field execution in these two business segments.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to complete each essential function (job duty/requirement) satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities or sincerely held beliefs, to perform the essential functions. Contact HR for additional information.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achieve or exceed all divisional performance metrics and measures impacting the quality of sales, margins and the customer experience
- Provide oversight, leadership and support to RSSMs who:
- Identify, recruit, develop and retain installation providers (IP) to meet the divisional sales and service demands at all times. This includes maintaining targeted cost and quality metrics, Customer Service Scores, acquired background checks for all employees that may be on a jobsite, and is in compliance with all licensing and permit requirements.
- Verify that IPs are advised on all LLIS processes and policies that pertain to an LLIS job.
- Monitor all permit and licensing requirements for the States and Municipalities that fall within their boundaries.
- Proactively assist others. Step in and help when and as needed.
- Execute special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to solve problems and apply creative and timely solutions.
- Attendance and reliability is extremely important in this position
- Customer Focus – Establish and maintain effective customer relationships. Seek to understand customer needs and deliver solutions that meet customer expectations.
- Accountability – Follow through on commitments. Take personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and failures.
- Collaboration – Cooperate with others to achieve shared objectives and get work done. Consider interests of others as well as one’s own.
- Instill Trust – Show consistency in word and action. Treat others with respect. Operate with honesty and integrity.
- Change Management – Adaptable to a fast paced, shifting work environment; willing to remain flexible to accommodate changing business conditions, work requirements, customer and scheduling needs.
- Detail Oriented – Attention to detail, ability to focus on the project or task-at-hand, adherence to Company policies and requirements while consistently delivering error free results.
- Leads by example in following the Company Code of Business Conduct (Ethics), all applicable tenants of the Lacey Act and other laws, policies and procedures.
Lifting / Carrying Requirements
10 lbs. or less
11 – 20 lbs.
21 – 50 lbs.
51 – 80 lbs.
Reach - Outward
Over 80 lbs.
Reach – Above Shoulder
Push / Pull Requirements
Climb – Ladder Use
10 lbs. or less
11 – 15 lbs.
Squat or Kneel
16 – 40 lbs.
41 – 80 lbs.
Over 80 lbs.
N (Not Applicable)
Activity is rarely required or is not applicable to this occupation.
Required up to 33% of the time (0 to 2 ½ hours/day)
Required between 33% to 50% of the time (2 ½ to 4 hours/day)
Required more than 50% of the time (more than 4 hours per day)
Other Physical Requirements:
- Vision (Near, Distance, Color, Peripheral, Depth Perception)
- Ability to effectively communicate with others; ability to speak, understand and write English required
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four year college, preferred
- 10+ years of experience in business management or related field with at least 5 years of experience with direct report responsibility and 2 years of experience working closely with senior leadership (VP and above)
- 5+ years of experience in construction management, or equivalent combination of education and experience
Related Experience, Qualifications and/or Certifications:
- Demonstrated knowledge of a variety of retail and sales concepts, practices, and procedures
- Must possess valid driver’s license
- Excellent budget management and retail math skills
- Quick learner with superior project management skills
- Ability to interpret service industry license, insurance and permitting requirements.
- Ability to interpret consumer and independent contractor contracts.
- Ability to use search engines and other internet tools to gather data.
- Ability to work nights and weekends and travel overnight up to 75% of time.
Computer Skills / Special Equipment Knowledge:
- Microsoft Office skills required
- Office equipment and/or point of sale equipment experience required/desired
Individuals in this position generally work in a retail sales and office environment that involves the use of office equipment, such as computers, copiers, telephones, and other office machinery/equipment. Individuals may experience occasional exposure to warehouse environment involving material moving and heavy equipment (e.g. forklift) where there may be some exposure to moderate noise, outdoor elements (heat and cold) and airborne particles.
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and does not change the “at-will” relationship. Lumber Liquidators reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate. Contact the Human Resources department (HR) with any questions.