Food Scientist, North Chesterfield, VA
Kelly Scientific Resources is working with a Food Manufacturing facility in need of an R&D Food Scientist to supplement the team while one scientist is out on leave. This is a 4 month temporary assignment on the day shift that could go much longer.
- Prepare bench-top prototypes or variations to existing formulas
- Operate laboratory equipment (pH meter, moisture analyzer, etc) and analyze data
- Supports operation of pilot plant equipment
- Participate in laboratory housekeeping obtaining and tracking of lab supplies.
- Prepare segments of project reports and presentations
- Analyze data, assist in problem solving, make recommendations of a routine nature
- Demonstrate ability to handle multiple tasks/projects of varied complexity
- Conduct literature searches
- Support plant trials and production runs, develop and present lab testing and trials reports
- Interface with R&D teams and cross-functional teams in project planning and execution.
- Support shipping of samples to customers, external labs, etc.
- Any other duties as assigned by direct supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or related discipline ( Food Engineer, Chemical Engineer)
- 2+ years related experience (Preferred)
- Previous experience working in a lab and pilot plant environment (Preferred)
- Basic understanding of GMP’s for the food industry
- Basic knowledge of statistics
- Flexible schedule to support plant trials on new product runs
APPLY TODAY with MS WORD formatted resume!
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it’s the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.