To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Maintenance Programs Coordinator
OSI Group • Chicago, IL
Posted 17 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Under general direction from the Maintenance Manager is responsible for implementing and monitoring all preventive maintenance, parts inventory, and departmental process improvement programs. Performs standard supervisory responsibilities for department administrative staff and mechanics as needed.
MAJOR POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
(i.e., Policies, procedures, goals, etc. for which you are responsible.)
- Implement and monitor predictive and preventive maintenance programs and parts inventory control procedures that ensure effective and efficient equipment operation to minimize down time and optimize investment; provide guidance and feedback to maintenance staff based on monitored results.
- Prepare and distribute a variety of routine and ad hoc reports monitoring preventive maintenance programs, inventory, and departmental costs. Identify variances, notify management and implement as approved.
- Monitor equipment performance; investigate failures; analyze data using a variety of standard analytical tools including, but not limited to, RCA/BDA; and communicate results to management.
- Provide day-to-day guidance to administrative staff responsible for parts inventory control, billing, work orders, program data entry and related activities. Monitor performance to ensure that all activities are completed accurately and on time.
- Responsible for all supervisory activities including, but not limited to, scheduling, performance, hiring, discipline, coaching, training and development and termination recommendations.
- Maintain a safe work environment at all times by having safe work instructions, practices, and procedures in place for all positions and ensuring that employees are trained to understand and comply with those procedures. Apply corrective action consistently when required.
- Ensure compliance with all quality and food safety programs through regular adherence to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), performance of sanitation audits, food safety checks (HACCP), and product quality checks conducted according to organization policies. Actively participate in prevention and correction of quality-related errors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Agriculture, or related field or equivalent analytical, statistical, and mechanical skills acquired through on the job training or experience.
- Zero to two years of experience working in a food manufacturing organization with exposure to all phases of plant operations.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing, complex ideas with subordinates and management.
- Ability to apply analytical methods, reasoning, and logic to complex mechanical and operational issues.
- Ability to use, or learn, a variety of business software applications including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office, MP2, SAP, and Kronos.