Graham Packaging is a leading manufacturer of sustainable packaging. From the kitchen to the laundry room, Graham Packaging is part of your everyday life. They’re the kind of people you want as your friends and neighbors as well as your partners and suppliers. By building strong relationships and creating value for our customers, our employees embody the innovative spirit that’s inherent to Graham. We truly are people building a better tomorrow.
Human Resources Generalists are responsible for operational HR functions in the plant. Support the goals of the HR division, ensuring responsive and value added services to all employees. The primary duties of a Plant HR Generalist include:
- Understands, follows and enforces all established safety, health, quality GMP and Company policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Serve as link between employees, operations and corporate HR by handling questions, interpreting and administering company policies and helping to resolve work-related problems.
- Prepare and maintain employment, pay and benefit records related to events such as hiring, termination, leaves or promotions.
- Manage temporary labor needs
- Collect and input information for payroll, benefit enrollment and HRIS activities
- Handle employee relations issues such as work complaints, harassment allegations or other employee concerns in accordance with company standards and regulatory requirements.
- Advise and collaborate with supervisors and managers on matters relating to organizational policies, disciplinary procedures, performance management
- Completing reports i.e. headcount, turnover and other ad hoc reports.
- Develop and maintain procedures aimed at improving the quality and delivery of human resources programs/services.
- 0-25% travel may be required.
A Bachelor’s Degree is required with a minimum of 2 years Human Resources experience in manufacturing.
Plant HR Generalists are required to interact with other managers, employees, vendors, and customers. Therefore, the following skills and proficiencies are also essential requirements of the position:
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance.
- Computer usage and typing skills are essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Communicates effectively: conveys facts and information clearly both verbally and orally.
- Collaborates well with others: proactively contributes to group objectives; volunteers to help others.
Graham Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.