Do you want to become a critical part of an innovative Hospitality company? Robert Half Finance has an opportunity for a full-time Staff Accountant. If you are driven by a challenging work environment with many components, you will thrive in this role. To succeed in this Staff Accountant role, you will need to prepare journal entries, monthly and year-end closings, bank reconciliation, fixed asset maintenance, and general ledger reconciliation. To succeed in this role, you will need to perform internal reporting during the monthly close, participate in compliance, interact with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, and review schedules reporting processes. This company, based in the Plano, Texas area, offers a challenging and multi-faceted opportunity where effort is rewarded. You might thrive in this role if you are a detail-oriented and analytical thinker with a talent for creating Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets.
For more information, please contact Email blocked - click to apply
or at Phone number blocked - click to apply
Your responsibilities in this role
- Manage depreciation, fixed asset ledgers, and reconciliation
- Maintain intercompany transactions, billings, and reconciliation
- Ad hoc reporting and performing special projects upon request
- Produce complex journal entries and account reconciliations which include, but are not limited to, cash, prepaid expenses, and payroll
- Organize and review various financial data, then report it in a manner that is useful and understandable
- Assist in implementation, maintenance and adherence to internal controls and accounting procedures ensuring compliance with GAAP
- Organize schedules for monthly payments and capital lease
- Recurring journal entries maintenance and reconciliation
- Partake in a variety of department-wide initiatives
- Produce journal entries and perform the month end close under minimal supervision
- In-depth experience with month end balance sheet account reconciliations
- Support the month end, quarter end and year end closing process by preparing monthly financial close workbooks
- Compose analyses for income statements and monthly balance sheets for management reporting
- Strong analytical, communication, and leadership skills
- Working knowledge of spreadsheets and databases
- BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment
- Proficient with spreadsheets and databases
- Vow to meet business deadlines
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Fully formed organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter and strong ethical standards
- Recent and relevant accounting experience
- Attention to detail and demonstrated ability to follow standard procedures is a requirement
- ERP system experience
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888.490.5461 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles