Requisition ID: 136840
Job Level: Mid Level
Home District/Group: Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering (KIE) has an immediate opening for a dynamic Civil Roadway Designer in our growing Design Engineering Services (DES) Group based in Lone Tree, CO. You will be part of our rapidly growing Infrastructure Design Department, which includes structural, geotechnical, civil, drainage, roadway, rail, and materials disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects.
If you love a fast pace, a challenge, straight-talking people and building things on a massive scale, join our team! We will train and develop you to be the best in your field!
ENR released its 2022 Top 400 Contractor rankings. Kiewit ranks No. 3, up one spot from last year's No. 4 ranking.
• No. 1 - Domestic Heavy
• No. 1 - Petroleum
• No. 1 - Transportation
• No. 2 - Power
• No. 4 - Working Abroad
• No. 20 - Domestic Building / Manufacturing
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering's Design-Build team is driving clients to turn to Kiewit during all stages of design-build projects. Through our integrated design and construction approach, our multi-disciplinary team works together to improve schedule, control costs and minimize risk. Our construction-focused engineers work collaboratively with our estimators and builders to design solutions that are innovative, constructible, and designed with a focus on safety. Clients benefit from the proven processes and tools used by Kiewit to minimize project risk. We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff shares experiences gained, innovative concepts, and best practices for all projects that we support.
Kiewit’s management and implementation of this process leads to safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that exceeds client expectations and furthers Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
This role will be based out of Lone Tree, Colorado office.
Develop cool 2D and 3D designs for Roadway and Drainage for Design/Build projects
Work side by side with brilliant engineers and our construction team to deliver the best designs.
Participate in design reviews to evaluate design concepts and make recommendations
Use Bentley MicroStation and/or AutoDesk design software. We use Microstation Inroads, OpenRoads and AutoCAD Civil3D. (We will train you on what you don't know!)
Primarily work in the office, but may be required to travel to project sites.
• Associates Degree preferred
• 2+ years’ experience in CAD production of civil designs using either Bentley (Inroads or Openroads) or AutoCAD Civil3D.
• Design experience on Transportation projects preferred (I.e., Road, drainage, rail, track, aviation, land development, or bridge) Design-Build project experience preferred
• Knowledge of engineering principles for highway, roadway, drainage or related civil work is desired
• Ability to read and understand construction documents
• The ability to clearly communicate and collaborate well with Engineers and Designers; Critical thinking skills are required with the ability to plan ahead and conceptualize.
• Regular, reliable attendance
• Work productively and meet deadlines timely
• Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with supervisors, employees, and others individually or in a team environment.
• Perform work safely and effectively. Understand and follow oral and written instructions, including warning signs, equipment use, and other policies.
• Work during normal operating hours to organize and complete work within given deadlines. Work overtime and weekends as required.
• FIELD ROLES ONLY May work at various different locations and conditions may vary.
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Architectural Drawing
- Auto Cad
- Critical Thinking