You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
3-5 years of HVAC, Cooling Towers, or Mechanical Applications.
-Mechanics will be servicing Cooling Tower Equipment and other various mechanical apparatus
-They will be using a service vehicle, with a team of 1-3 helpers. Some of their clients will be property management companies.
-Will be required to do all of the following:
- Ability to drive company vehicles, keep them clean and organized.
• Preventative maintenance on vehicles to be done weekly: (tire pressure, tire wear, check fluids, turn signals, wipers, headlights and brake lights.)
• Communicate with project managers as to job progress daily.
• Understanding of, and ability to use, power tools in a safe manner.
• Report deficiencies in tools or equipment in writing to the project managers.
• Basic understanding of mechanical components including shafts, electric motors, fan belts, gear reducers, and valves.
• Basic understanding of operating principles and major components of cooling towers.
• Ability to communicate with customers and report back the customers' needs.
• Report in writing, on the job ticket any issues or possible additional work that may be needed when on the jobsite.
• Ability to effectively organize and supervise jobsite.
• Ability delegate and supervise a crew of two to five men.
• Use proper safety practices including relevant PPE's.
• Work 40 hour weeks, Monday through Friday, weekends and out of town as required.
• Be able to lift, push, and pull 50 lbs.
• Organize and keep tools in serviceable condition.
• Return shop tools in a clean and serviceable condition and report any deficiencies immediately in writing so they may be sent out for repair.
• Shop cleanliness is every mechanics responsibility.
• Return left over materials to the shop and store in a proper manor.
• Gather material and equipment needed at the end of each day prior to starting work for the following day and stage safely in the shop.
• Acquire information from the project manager at the end of each of the next work site and time to report.
• Mechanics will be held responsible and accountable for work poorly completed. (Take Pride In Your Work)
Cooling towers, mechanic, HVAC, Service, Tools, troubleshooting, mechanical, repair, preventive maintenance, electrical
Top Skills Details:
Cooling towers, mechanic, HVAC, Service, Tools
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
-Exp with HVAC is preferred
-Ability to use/operate company vehicle in a safe manner. -keep clean and organized & stocked with any necessary equipment
-communicate with project managers, mechanics and helpers.
-Using hand and power tools and other tools as needed
-Mechanical understanding including fan shafts and associated rotating elements, electric motors, and gear reducers.
-Understanding of operating principles and major components of cooling towers.
- Ability to communicate with customers
- Reports in writing, on the job tickets any issues or possible additional work.
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Ability to delegate tasks specific to ability and skillset
-Must utilize use PPE's and implement all safety practices at all times
-work at least 40 hour work weeks.
-Lift up to 50lbs
-Any tools or equipment that do not function as designed will be turned into PM's for repair or replacement.
Intermediate LevelAbout Aerotek:
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Automotive Lighting
- Electric Motors
- Mechanical Engineering
- Preventive Maintenance
- Problem Solving
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: gckovl3
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.