Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
Chubb Commercial Insurance is looking for an applicant to fill the position of Excess Casualty Practice Renewal Underwriter located in our Chicago Branch. This underwriter would be responsible for underwriting an assigned book of up to $8m in premium across multiple Industry Practice in the Excess & Umbrella Product line. This role would service up to three branch offices located in the Midwest Region.
Commercial Insurance writes companies with revenues up to $1B, including both guaranteed cost and loss sensitive program structures. This underwriter will be charged with directly underwriting and growing a book consisting mainly of Manufacturing, Professional Services, Cultural Institution, Real Estate and Wholesale business. The position will be charged with aggressively marketing to their assigned agency/broker plant to bring in opportunities and will work closely with the respective CI Manager’s, Industry Segment EFU’s and home office to position this portfolio within Commercial Insurance for growth and profit.
This position will report directly to the Regional Excess Casualty Manager in the Midwest.
The Production Underwriter will:
- Handle primary renewal above retention goals for an assigned book of business.
- Establish relationships with key trading partners and drive submission activity across assigned agents & brokers in our desired industry segments.
- Be responsible for profit, growth and retention of assigned book.
- Meet or exceed new business production goals while maintaining profitability across assigned portfolio and adhering to authority and strategies.
- In conjunction with the Underwriter Associate, retain key assigned renewals and lead coordination of Risk Engineering & Claims Service plans for service level accounts.
- Maintain and develop relationships with the branch, our brokers and clients.
- Develop a prospect pipeline with our major trading partners, as well as engaging other business units for cross-selling opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years underwriting experience preferably in the core middle market segment.
- Confidence to gain a marketplace presence and become a trusted advisor for assigned agents/brokers.
- Presentation and public speaking skills
- Strong negotiations skills
- Local broker and insurance marketplace relationships
- Knowledge and understanding of current insurance marketplace conditions
- Understanding and adherence to organizational and regulatory rules, and ability to adhere to underwriting authority
- Understanding of Workers Compensation, General Liability, Property and Auto Liability Insurance coverage, terms and conditions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran, or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion,and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin,ancestry, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, age, and pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by law.Performance and qualifications are the only basis upon which we hire, assign, promote, compensate, develop and retain employees. Chubb prohibits all unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliationagainst any individual who reports discrimination or harassment.
- Claim Processing
- Microsoft Office
- Public Speaking
- Workers' Compensation