To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
333 North Santa Rosa Street
San Antonio, TX 78207
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Emergency Department Technician PRN
CHRISTUS Health • San Antonio, TX
Posted 6 days ago
The Emergency Room Technician works with the RN's in the Emergency Room to provide care to patients. They have special skills beyond those of a Patient Care Assistant for example, they can perform venipuncture, dress wounds, removal staples and sutures, and measure peak expiratory flow rate.
- A High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Completion of one of the following educational programs is required:
- a) Successful completion of a Nursing Assistant program OR
- b) Successful completion of a Medical Assistant program OR
- c) Successful completion of a Basic EMT program (Intermediate EMT or Paramedic preferred).
- One (1) year of patient care experience in an acute care hospital or EMT field/Emergency Care Setting required.
- Current CPR certification required.
- If certified as Nursing Assistant, Associate must maintain current certification.
- If certified as a Medical Assistant, maintaining current certification is preferred.
- If certified as an EMT, maintaining current certification is preferred.