The Business Development Manager will focus on building and growing a productive, efficient, and compliant team of independent sales agents, third-party referral sources, and key internal and external strategic partners in order to achieve assigned sales targets. They will translate market strategies into specific tactics with measurable goals.
- Learn about and deeply understand the assigned market, including available products, networks, competitors, historical performance, past and upcoming changes to the market, market nuances (cultural and ethnic make-up, traffic flows and patterns, neighborhoods, preferred hospitals and providers), prior and future disruptions, key agencies and producers, market share, etc.
- Develop and execute an effective business plan to achieve objectives, including recruiting, sales events, market partnerships, training, engagement, and communication
- Be the Subject Matter Expert in all areas of the market and the products available. Have a deep understanding of the local product portfolio (MA, SNP, MedSup, PDP), available providers, applicable rules and regulations that apply to sales and marketing, compliance, and UHC processes and procedures
- Achieve recruiting goals by increasing the number of licensed, contracted, certified and producing agents as needed to achieve sales goals, including recruitment of agents with ethnic, cultural, and language backgrounds and abilities that reflect the market population. Increase producing agents and sales per agent. Assist with the creation of agent business plans to achieve desired outcomes
- Engage and communicate with agents effectively and frequently through various means to build relationships and motivate agents to sell more UHC products. Share ideas and best practices, offer solutions, facilitate professional networking, and introduce incentives as appropriate
- Build, maintain, deepen, and leverage internal and external strategic relationships that create sales opportunities. External relationships include, but are not limited to key agencies, community organizations, professional associations, provider groups, non-profits, financial advisors, food banks, etc. Internal relationships include E&I, C&S, M&V, and Optum
- Oversee the creation of appropriate sales, product, and technical trainings and schedules. Conduct regular sales related training, focusing on increasing sales, overcoming objections, expanding markets, selling the full portfolio, presentation skills, prospecting, etc.
- Assign appropriate goals, activities, and measurements to MSS to support the market sales goals. Appropriately monitor, supervise, communicate, and coach desired outcomes
- Create and execute effective resource sharing strategies, including lead routing, kiosk assignments, community meeting assignments, and participation in other UHC agency incentive programs as appropriate. Monitor for effectiveness and adjust accordingly
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of sales or sales support experience
- Knowledge of insurance industry and/or Medicare
- Strong relationship building skills and ability to work virtually to engage customers
- Strong communication skills, including phone, written and possible video
- Prior experience in structured sales, service or business development
- Strong technical skills including Microsoft office, SharePoint
- Creative thinker with proven track record of innovative ideas
- Licensed, appointed and certified in the state (s) doing business with 30 days
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement.
The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: medicare, Medicaid, sales, field, agent manager, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota