Overview Emory University Hosptial is currently seeking CRNA's and C-AA's to join one of the largest surgical and transplant practices in the Southeast. Why Emory?
As one of the leading academic medical systems in the country, Emory Healthcare prides itself on discovering innovative solutions to complex problems. By joining [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Anesthetist - Transplant Team
, you'll have opportunities to partner on high-acuity surgeries like deep brain stimulation and electrode insertion for seizure management, advanced neurosurgical procedures including craniotomy for aneurysm, care for emergency stroke patients in a high-volume stroke program, and assist with revolutionary interventional radiology, pulmonary and GI procedures.
Cases Performed as part of a Care Team Model:
Assists in the management of patients undergoing general and regional anesthetics for surgical procedures including major vascular procedures like open and endovascular approach, surgical oncology, urology, oral/maxillofacial surgery, transplants, reconstructive plastic care, and general abdominal procedures.
- Supervision of anesthetist students is expected of all anesthetists on the
- Opportunities to participate in clinical research are
- Position requires participation in the call team
Minimum Qualifications for CRNA's and C-AA's:
- Be a graduate of an accredited Anesthesiology Assistant or Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist
- Licensed and eligible to practice in the state of Georgia
- C-AA or CRNA board certified
- General or transplant anesthesia experience preferred
- American Heart Association BLS certification
- Willingness to participate in a call team
Who We Are:
Emory Healthcare is a nationally recognized academic medical center and the only health network in the state with a full range of hospitals, clinics and local practices. Our teams integrate science and caring to transform medicine and redefine care. Emory's compensation plan offers great benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 403b, and more!
Description This position will be based at Emory University HospitalJOB DESCRIPTION:
- Under the direction of an anesthesiologist, assists in the administration of general and regional anesthesia to surgical and non-surgical procedure patients.
- Performs initial acute cardio-pulmonary resuscitation in life-threatening situations or as directed by a physician.
- Interprets and records patient's physiological and pharmacological status.
- Assists the Anesthesiologist in gathering routine pre-op data.
- Instructs others in principles and practices of anesthesia, respiratory care and cardio-pulmonary resuscitation as directed by the anesthesiologist.
- Assists in research projects as carried out by an Anesthesiologist.
- Establishes multi-parameter monitoring of patient prior to, during and after anesthesia or in other acute care situations, including ECG, direct arterial pressure, central venous pressure, arterial blood gas determinations, hematocrits, and routine measurement of temperature, respiration, blood pressure, and heart rate. Establishes other monitoring as may be developed for anesthesia and intensive care use.
- Manages pre- and post-anesthetic care, including ventilatory support of patients as assigned by an Anesthesiologist.
- Manages ventilators and other respiratory care parameters as directed by the physician.
- Master's degree in Anesthesia.
- Certified by National Commission for Certification of Anesthesiologist Assts (NCCAA)
- Must maintain biannual certification through the submission of Continuing Medical Education credits (CMEs)
- Georgia licensure as Anesthesiologist Assistant.
- BLS certifications required.
- Based on established hospital/department/unit standards, employees may not perform all duties listed in this job description.
- Blood Pressure
- Intensive Care
- Basic Life Support