This Software Development Analyst position will be part of the developer team working on our online Customer Self-Service Portal. Responsibilities will include collecting requirements and developing architecture and specifications. As part of the developer team, this position will create, change, and maintain the Portal as well as other related duties.
SALARY RANGE: Determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.
Level II: $71,500 - $107,400
Senior Level: $84,050 - $126,100
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Manager of Web Applications & SharePoint
LOCATION: This position may be located in Rapid City, SD or Council Bluffs, IA.
- To learn more about our locations, please visit the locations page on our career website.
A Comprehensive Relocation Plan is offered for this position! Our benefits include but are not limited to home finding trip, transportation of household goods, temporary housing expenses, destination apartment search assistance, paid time off to move, transition and spousal career support, home finder and purchase assistance, relocation adjustment allowance, destination new purchase closing costs. Depending on individual circumstances, our benefit may also include trips home during temporary housing, renter’s lease cancellation assistance, or home marketing and sale closing cost assistance and/or purchase closing cost assistance. Contents of our relocation program are subject to change and may vary based on position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform assigned software development and maintenance tasks including development of function specifications, prototypes, programming, and testing.
- Define business user requirements on moderate to complex projects including system design, data modeling and user interface.
- Devise or modify procedures to tackle problems related to applications issues, troubleshoot user support problems, and be actively involved with application performance planning.
- Perform implementation tasks such as data conversion, software installation, and documentation creation.
- Work independently to define business requirements and support systems supporting business activities.
- Work with Technology Integration Specialists or Business Users to craft and provide training.
- Take proactive steps to evaluate issues, determine alternatives, and implement the appropriate solution for the client group.
- Provide follow-up to ensure successful implementation of designs and improvements.
- Provide client training.
- Under close supervision, perform business system design and data modeling tasks.
- Stay up to date on changes and advances in technology that could affect the company.
- Minimum three (3) years IT experience in Application Development.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Information Systems, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related fields or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Minimum five (5) years IT experience in Application Development.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Information Systems, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related fields.
- Ability to work independently with business partners in software requirements and system support while keeping team members well informed of efforts.
- Designing and implementing Java-based applications. Java is preferred but will accept other languages.
- Designing and developing user interfaces using Angular or other similar language.
- Developing application codes and unit tests in AngularJS and Java Technologies.
- Critical thinker and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and work within challenging situations.
MENTAL/PHYSICAL DESCRIPTIONS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The mental and physical descriptions are representative of the activities an employee in an office job performs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mental description: Understand, remember, apply oral and/or written instructions or other information, and communicate routine factual information. Apply common sense in performing job functions, usually within a set of rules or guidelines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee continuously accesses, inputs, and retrieves electronic information and communicates regarding the information. Employee frequently moves about the office space. Employee must be able to operate routine office equipment including computers and similar equipment. Must be able to routinely perform this work for an average of 6-8 hours per day and occasional extended hours as necessary. Must be capable of regular, reliable, and timely attendance.
Specific lifting abilities required by this job include: Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or continuously to lift, carry, push, pull or sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if moving about is only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Work environment: Routinely perform work indoors in climate-controlled shared work area with moderate noise level. Willing to travel occasionally (less than 10 days per year) by automobile (as driver and passenger), commercial airlines, rental vehicles and public transportation and be able to lodge in public facilities.
This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
About our Company: We are a customer focused, growth-oriented utility company that is devoted to our communities. We have a mission to improve life with energy and a vision to be the energy partner of choice. Our diverse culture sparks unique perspectives, opening doors to new ideas and possibilities. Based in Rapid City, South Dakota, we have over 2900 employees and serve 1.2 million natural gas and electric utility customers across eight states (South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, and Arkansas).
Enjoy our Comprehensive Benefits Package: annual incentive program (based on percentage of eligible earnings), 401(k) (6% company match and up to 9% company retirement contribution), tuition reimbursement, paid time off, additional Veteran PTO, military leave differential pay, paid holidays and annual floating holidays, company paid short term and long term disability, paid maternity and paternity benefits, health and wellness program, and competitive medical, dental and vision insurance.
Candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Black Hills Corporation does not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.
Black Hills Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or status as a protected veteran.
Wage: 71550 to 107400
- Audio Equipments
- Business Requirements
- Critical Thinking
- Customer Service