Job Summary: Reporting to the General Sales Manager (GSM) or designated Manager or Supervisor, the Customer Care Specialist acts as a tactical partner by maintaining customer relationships to grow the auction business. This position is responsible for maintaining relationships with assigned customers including individual dealers, dealer groups, institutional accounts and others resulting in superb customer service.
Responsibilities and Duties include but are not limited to the following:
1. Customer Service
▪ Make sure customers receive prompt, efficient and courteous attention by providing excellent customer service and responding to phone calls, emails and text messages in a timely manner.
▪ Arrange any needed travel reservations with our local transportation department.
▪ Maintain current customers and act as liaison for Outside Sales Representative, consignment dealers and auction personnel by maintaining relationships and developing new business.
▪ Perform Sale Day duties as set forth by GSM or Sales Supervisor. This includes but is not limited to: providing exceptional customer service, IF duties, block representation, printing reports, handling promotion and marketing materials, and post-sale reporting.
▪ Build strong ADESA.com customer relationships through training, education and awareness to match the customer’s needs to the product offerings. Navigate and educate customers on all aspects of ADESA.com and smart phone applications.
▪ Properly use and navigate ADESA’s CRM to log calls, run reports and view dashboards.
▪ Educate customers on new and existing services to meet overall company goals.
▪ Resolve customer complaints in a friendly, courteous manner and advise Management of all serious complaints or incidents.
▪ Communicate with all departments to ensure proper marketing of sale inventory and maximize vehicle exposure for sale.
▪ Practice and promote teamwork at all times while setting a good example of attitude and performance.
▪ Maintain a professional appearance, orderly work environment and friendly disposition by greeting customers and guests promptly and with courtesy, both on the phone and in person.
▪ Respond to and follow proper procedures on employee and customer accidents, injuries and loss or damage to any property. Report all incidents to the GSM and/or Sales Supervisor.
▪ Practice and promote Company Core Values: Integrity, Customer Care, Innovation, Safety, Teamwork, Employee Welfare, Community Involvement and Fun.
▪ Must know, practice and ensure that Company policies, procedures, and applicable state and federal laws are followed at all time.
▪ Contact dealers in territory to purchase units as well as run aged units on Sale Days.
Customer Care Specialist Qualifications:
▪ High School Diploma or GED required.
▪ A minimum of (1) to (3) years of customer service experience preferred.
▪ Previous auction experience or automotive background preferred.
Customer Care Specialist
Revised: March 27, 2019 2
▪ Developed and professional verbal, written communication and listening skills.
▪ Prior experience with sales and sales management tracking databases, such as Salesforce.com, with emphasis on accurate documentation is preferred.
▪ Effective customer relations, communication, enthusiastic, persuasive and interpersonal skills required.
▪ Strong computer skills with basic knowledge in Microsoft Suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
▪ Ability to work independently and exercise good business judgment and discretion to analyze and address opportunities.
▪ Strong multi-tasking skills along with the ability to adapt to changing work environments.
▪ Demonstrated ability to learn, retain and articulate product related information and provide unscripted responses on appropriate subject matter.
▪ Must be qualified to operate a motor vehicle and possess a valid driver’s license.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
The physical activity requirements of the position are from Light to Medium Physical Work.
▪ Constant – sitting, talking, watching, touching, typing and listening
▪ Frequent – walking, standing
▪ Occasional – climbing, balancing, crawling
▪ Potential – running, jumping, yelling, or other rapid or forceful movement in emergency situations
This position is subject to both inside and outside environmental working conditions, including temperature changes, outside weather conditions, slightly elevated ambient noise levels, minor potential physical hazards, such as moving vehicles, exposure to hot atmospheric conditions affecting skin or respiratory systems, such as fumes, odors and dusts associated with internal and external service station/convenience food and petroleum dispensing operations.
Note: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by incumbents in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instruction or duties requested by an authorized person. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.