You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
RN SURGERY TRENTON
6 Operating rooms, 2 procedure rooms. Magnet status. We are a community hospital, and you can see it in the atmosphere of the operating room and how we work as a team and feel like a family. We have many learning opportunities with a wide range of services and procedures.
Be Extraordinary, Join Our Team!
Beaumont is now offering a $20,000 sign on bonus for full-time, regular, new hire RNs. Apply today to speak to a recruiter.
The Registered Nurse, under the ANA scope of practice, utilizes the framework of the nursing process to provide professional nursing care by incorporating patient-family centered care principles. The Registered Nurse provides quality patient care under the direction of the Nurse Leader according to Beaumont policies and procedures.
Beaumont offers a comprehensive benefits package to meet your financial, health and life-work balance goals.
- Generous paid time off, holidays and flexible scheduling
- Our employees receive special discounts on a wide range of products and services
- Exceptional health, dental, vision and prescription drug insurance plans
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Relocation assistance
- Savings & retirement plans, disability insurance, identify theft protection and even home and auto insurance
- NEW On-demand pay-program powered by Payactiv
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Education / Training: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Diploma, A.D.N., B.S.N., M.S.N., DNP/PhD if not minimum BSN prepared, new graduate/nurse with less than one (1) year experience is required to sign an educational contract upon hire to complete BSN within specified timeframe and adhere to contract stipulations. RN must enroll in an accredited BSN program within one (1) year of hire date and complete within the next three (3) years. This is effective September 1, 2017.
Specialty Certification highly recommended after 2 years in specialty.
- Work Experience: Previous RN experience, prefer OR RN experience, will consider strong interest in OR.
- Certification, Licensure, Registration: RN with active license in State of Michigan
- Other Qualifications: Current American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers certification and other certifications as required by department.
- Applies the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation, evaluation and discharge needs of patient/family/significant other.
- Applies the Core Concepts of Patient- and Family-Centered Care (PFCC) in practice and uses this knowledge to personalize care for each patient/family.
- Recognizes the impact of nursing care and patient/family partnerships on patient outcomes.
- Partners with and utilizes patient/family input and goals in planning of care.
- Provides quality care that meets or exceeds the expectations of value (core measures, quality matrix, patient experience, fiscally responsible).
- Provides assistance to individuals in a manner that takes into account their special needs, age-related and cultural-related needs.
- Recognizes the roles of the interdisciplinary team, patient and family care partners and utilizes them appropriately as resources in planning patient care.
- Delegates appropriate tasks.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and competently performs technical procedures and uses equipment properly.
- Documents in the patient record in a timely, accurate and concise manner. Develops teaching strategies for patient/family; documents education and learning appropriately in health record.
- Demonstrates leadership in the professional practice setting and is responsible for continuing personal education, mentoring peers and educating patients and families.
- Stays up to date with current health system initiatives and incorporates evidence-based practice and research into practice. Maintains current knowledge in area of clinical practice.
- Completes a self-appraisal that includes professional goals annually and completes peer review.
- Participates in department-based activities, staff meetings and committees.
- Actively participates in hand-offs of care, including the patient, family and partners in care.
- Demonstrates knowledge, understanding and embraces cultural traditions and lore of community served.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore, that incumbents may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly described.
- Physical Effort:
Position requires ability to frequently push/pull up to 30 lb. objects with assist of others, occasional requires ability to lift objects more than 50 lbs. with others, constantly lift objects up to 20 lbs. And frequently lift up to 40 lbs.
- Manual Dexterity
Position requires incumbent to constantly perform simple motor skills such as standing, walking and simple manipulative skills such as writing. Position requires incumbent to frequently perform moderately difficult manipulative skills such as positioning patients.
Position requires incumbent to constantly perform gross body coordination such as walking. Frequently perform tasks which require hand-eye coordination such as assisting patients to eat, collections of specimens for transport to lab and tasks which require arm-hand steadiness such as taking patients temps and pulses.
Positions requires incumbent to constantly walk and stand; occasionally sit for prolonged periods, frequently bend such as when caring for a patient in bed.
- Visual Discrimination
Positions requires incumbent to constantly see objects far away as in driving and see close objects such as reading thermometers.
Positions requires incumbent to constantly be able to hear normal sound with some background noise as in answering phone/intercom. Frequently be able to distinguish sound as in equipment alarms.
- Work Environment:
- Employee may be frequently exposed to electro-magnetic radiations as in VDTs. Occasionally exposed to hazardous material other than blood, body tissues, or fluids, dust, toxins, cytotoxons, chemical hazardous materials, bodily injuries, loud and/or unpleasant noises, high humidity, electrical hazards, or poisonous substances. Infrequently exposed to blood, body tissue, or fluids. Seldom exposed to fluctuations in temperature, grease, oil, and radiation.
- Potential risk of an exposure to hazardous medications or waste materials of hazardous medications.
Beaumont offers you a world of opportunity throughout Southeast Michigan. With eight hospitals and 155 outpatient sites you ll have a wide variety of practice settings to choose from. Beaumont has more nationally ranked hospitals in Michigan than any other health system.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Beaumont Health grants equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, height, weight, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected category.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)
- Basic Life Support
- Certified Nurse Practitioner
- Clinical Practices
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Evidence Based Practice
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 27257406947-7180-5684ADBC
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.