Location: Eagan, MN 55121
Duration: 12/31/10 (straight contract)
- Administrative and SME for new installation of Hadoop
- Cloudera Version of Hadoop – Manage future and upgrade of Hadoop
- Bringing this knowledge in-house
Value Proposition/Selling Points (Market place advantages):
Chance to help build a platform and a service from the ground up
- 6-month project funding, hoping to fund into 2020
- Project Demand - looking to learn from this role
Position Details-Tasks and operating rhythm:
- Manage the day to day activities of Hadoop installation
- Coordinate with other team members in a large project setting
- Helping with architectural design and documentation of the Hadoop system
- Responsible for implementation and ongoing administration of Hadoop infrastructure.
- Aligning with the systems engineering team to propose and deploy new hardware and software environments required for Hadoop and to expand existing environments.
- Working with data delivery teams to setup new Hadoop users. This job includes setting up Linux users, setting up Kerberos principals and testing HDFS, Hive, Pig and MapReduce access for the new users.
- Cluster maintenance as well as creation and removal of nodes using tools like Ganglia, Nagios, Cloudera Manager Enterprise, Dell Open Manage and other tools.
- Performance tuning of Hadoop clusters and Hadoop MapReduce routines.
- Screen Hadoop cluster job performances and capacity planning
- Monitor Hadoop cluster connectivity and security
- Manage and review Hadoop log files.
- File system management and monitoring.
- HDFS support and maintenance.
- Knowledge with nifi and Kafka
- Backup / restore / DR planning
- Diligently teaming with the infrastructure, network, database, application and business intelligence teams to guarantee high data quality and availability.
- Collaborating with application teams to install operating system and Hadoop updates, patches, version upgrades when required.
- Point of Contact for Vendor escalation
Interaction level with Management/Team Members:
- Very High with team
- Skills and communication ability up to a VP level
- Presenting and communicating of an overview to all levels
- Working with current Cloudera Admin
- 4+ years of experience Hadoop Installation (2-4 Hadoop experience)
- Hadoop Administrator
- LINUX LS
- General database administrative concepts
- Background with Security Roles/Access/User Setups
- Power Point / Visio
File system management
Soft Skills Needed:
- Good Communication Skills
- Working with a range of employees
- Looking for this candidate to be able to drive this new technology within the company
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Server Supported Gaming