MICROSOFT DATACENTER PHYSICAL SECURITY
The Technical Writer supporting Datacenter Physical Security (DCPS) is responsible for creating or maintaining process documents, such as standard operating procedures, manuals, and job aids. The writer works with individual contributors and subject matter experts (SME) to conduct annual review of documents and provides support for content owners who are creating or reviewing information they manage. As part of a project team or as a single writer working with a SME, the writer utilizes their skills as a writer, editor, and project manager to support client initiatives, standardize content, and deliver quality materials on schedule. To be successful in this role, the writer must be able to work effectively in an agile environment with changing priorities, identify and make recommendations that improve user experience of the content, and be capable of self-directed learning.
1. Manages a document schedule and works with owners and contributors to content to deliver clear, concise, and easily understood documentation and instructions.
2. Provides content reviews, including structure and formatting, and proofreading for grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
3. Publishes approved content and issues release notifications to a global audience.
4. Provides peer reviews and drives consistency by crosschecking content across organization documents.
5. Follows organization style guidelines and is an active participant in maintaining these resources as they evolve.
6. Manages assigned projects using documented processes and delivers on schedule.
7. Participates in project teams and drafts documentation related to projects.
8. Maintains a "customer service" approach to problem solving and works with customers to find solutions for their questions or concerns.
9. Provides timely project status reports to client and manager.
10. Maintains a "customer service" approach to problem solving and works with customers to find solutions for their questions or concerns.
11. Serves as a point of contact for DCPS documents.
12. Performs other duties as assigned to assist DCPS and Securitas achieve operational goals and objectives.
* The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
* All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
* Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
* In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
* All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
MINIMUM HIRING STANDARDS:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication, such as cell phone.
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in the country where the position is located.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English proficiently.
- Must have a high school diploma, secondary education equivalent, or GED.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process, including drug screen and background investigation.
* Associate degree or Technical Communications certificate and a minimum of three years of technical writing experience is required; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company.
* Bachelor's Degree in Technical Communications, or a related field, is a preferred.
* Proficient using Microsoft products, including Office, Outlook, and SharePoint.
* Experience working in a fast-paced, detail-oriented workplace where judgment and professionalism are necessities.
* Work experience in physical security, security operations, construction design specifications, information technology, or datacenter environments is a plus.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Capable writer and proofreader, including spelling, grammar, and punctuation; able to produce a logical flow of information through editing
- Able to create or revise documentation in a team environment, with multiple stakeholders and subject matter experts (SME) providing input.
- Superior communication skills: must be comfortable with engaging in a variety of different communicative modes (verbal and written), communicate clearly and concisely, and have effective active-listening skills.
- Able to communicate necessary changes and educate SME's or document owners on proper wording, grammar, graphics, or design.
- Able to self-manage time and prioritize tasks to ensure that projects are delivered on time and meet expectations.
- Able to take the initiative and persist in given tasks or projects to completion.
- Able to receive direct or indirect instruction and act upon such instruction to accomplish a given task or project.
- Understanding of when instructions are insufficient.
- Flexibility, for example, to drop an insistence on changes after a SME has been informed in why changes are needed but the SME still does not want the changes.
- Able to recognize when persistence is needed and when flexibility is more appropriate.
- Able to learn a technical or specialized subject matter, specifically the equipment and software used to support datacenters.
- Able to interact effectively with people at many levels of technical experience, education, and in types of work and from many cultures.
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands):
With or without reasonable accommodation, a candidate must have the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively perform all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Required ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently.
- Computer usage, which may include prolonged periods of data analysis.
- Handling and being exposed to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular talking and hearing.
- May be required to use vehicle in the performance of duties.
- Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds, and occasionally up to 25 pounds.
- Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be available for extensive domestic and international travel, up to 30% of the time.
Veteran Commitment: Securitas Security Services USA, Inc. commits to hiring returning veterans!
Attention To Detail