Provides leadership in the design, implementation, administration, and maintenance of the Company’s benefit programs. Leads the benefits area, ensuring that the benefit programs deliver value to our employees and are aligned with competitive practices. Responsibilities include ensuring the Plans are administered in compliance with plan provisions, managing outside consultants and business partners, ensuring that participants receive the highest level of customer service, and leaing the design and implementation of benefit strategies that are consistent with the Company’s business goals.
- Design, develops and oversee employee benefit plans worldwide that are aligned with the company’s business objectives and talent strategy, while ensuring the achievement of consistent and market-driven levels of benefits.
- Oversees all functions associated with the administration of team member benefit programs to include, but not limited to 401(k) savings plans, health insurance, dental, disability, basic and voluntary life insurance, employee assistance program (EAP), workers compensation and wellness programs.
- Works closely with HRIT team in relation to benefits including review, testing, and system upgrades.
- Leads a team of benefits professionals providing training, coaching, and guidance; encourages and supports individual talent development.
- Oversees benefit plans to meet regulatory compliance and governance/audit requirements, consults with legal resources and stays abreast of developing legislation and its potential impact.
- Provides research and analysis of benefit programs and vendor effectiveness to assess cost savings, process improvements and legal requirements to remain competitive and in compliance with health and welfare programs.
- Responsible for audits and regulatory filings for benefit plans and managing/supporting vendor relationships of benefit programs.
- Develops and designs effective benefits related communications to Leaders and Team Members.
- Develops specifications for new benefit plans or modifies existing plans to maintain company's competitive position in labor market and recommendations to management concerning sharing of cost between employer and employee.
- Reviews benefit billings/expenses on a monthly basis, prepares and reviews the benefits and department operational budgets; expenditures and analyzes variances.
- Partner with broader HR team to maximize the effectiveness of benefits across various employee touchpoints including with Talent Acquisition, HR Operations, Compensation, and HR Partners.
- Bachelors Degree (Master’s preferred). CEBS, PHR or SPHR certification a plus
- 10+ years experience in large, diversified company in the management of all areas of benefits
- Strong planning, analytical, and influencing skills
- Strong managerial and leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to partner with and influence all management levels
- Advanced knowledge of business practices and problem resolution
- Results Orientation/Sense of Urgency
- Experience leading large scale change management projects.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Business/Financial. Maintains an expert knowledge of all federal and state laws related to employee benefits.
- Maintains an expert knowledge of state laws that may affect employee benefits.
- Strong presentation and communications skills are required.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential function to this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Incumbent must be prepared to:
- Move up to 10 pounds occasionally, by lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or otherwise repositioning objects.
- Sitting for long periods of time while using office equipment such as computers, phones and etc.
- Fingering and Repetitive motions; such as movement of wrists, hands and fingers while picking, pinching and typing during your normal working environment.
- Express or exchange ideas with others through the use of spoken word, quickly, accurately, and at an easily audible volume, and receive detailed information through oral communication at usual speaking levels without correction, and/or make fine discriminations in the nature of sounds in the environment.
Incumbent is required to have:
- Close visual acuity to perform detail oriented activities at distances close to the eyes, as well as visual acuity to perform activities at or within arm’s reach with skill, control, and accuracy, such as preparing and analyzing data, viewing computer screen and expansive reading.
Incumbent will be subject to:
- Inside working conditions: The change of building environment such as with or without air conditioning and heating.
Process Improvements (Business)