11Alive, Tegna Company's NBC affiliate in Atlanta, is looking for a multi-platform Producer to help redefine the way local news is covered. We’re looking for self-starting journalists with proven reputations who are eager to discover the next big story. Our ideal candidates want to take what used to be known as the assignment desk to the next level. Ideally, this candidate would have great people skills, knowledge of the metro Atlanta area and the ability to develop great sources and contacts. They possess expert social media skills and have a proven track record of mining social data to find and develop stories.
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
- Previous assignment desk experience preferred
- 2-5 years of experience preferred
- Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems
- Skills in producing engaging, content-driven newscasts and digital content
- Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook
- Knowledge of ENPS and Edius editing software.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Producer.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.