To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Manchester, NH
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
DEKA Research & Development Corp. • Manchester, NH
Posted 8 days ago
Housed in the largest industrial complex of its time, the historic Amoskeag Millyard in New Hampshire, DEKA employs a team of over five hundred professionals, whose engineering, design, manufacturing and quality expertise make DEKA a hot spot for creating innovative solutions and advanced technologies. Located about an hour from Boston, the beach, and the mountains, DEKA is one of the leading research and development companies in the country and is the birthplace of some of the most innovative and life-changing products of our time.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Plastics Engineer to work in a dynamic R&D environment. In this role you will work alongside a group of passionate engineers to create innovative solutions that truly make a difference.
- Develops and implements optimal, cost-effective part designs, manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards. Recommends and implements improvements to production processes, methods and controls.
- Hands on in all aspects on designing plastic parts for medical therapeutic or diagnostic systems use, including concept, material selection, moldability, assembly, packaging, and design for manufacturability.
- Working with cross functional engineering teams and subject matter experts to translate clinical and regulatory requirements into a comprehensive part design.
- Degree in Plastics Engineering (experience equivalent considered) with at least 10 years’ experience with high volume plastics from concept, design through volume manufacturing. Be prepared to cite examples.
- In depth understanding of various plastic materials and rubbers, especially medical grade.
- Manufacturing experience should include line layout (including clean room) as well as introduction of new products to contract manufacturers.
- Practical experience in component assembly including:
- Prototype to high volume manufacturing
- Design of Experiments
- Ultrasonic Welding
- Laser Welding
- Adhesive/Solvent Bonding
- RF welding/forming
- Documentation of assembly including: Ops, IQ/OQ/PQs, PFMEAs
- Assembly fixture development/design
Practical Experience with Plastic Molding:
- Scientific injection molding experience
- Mold design experience
- Micro-molding experience
- Compression/Transfer molding experience
- LIM experience
- Familiarity with blow molding
- Familiarity with thermoforming techniques
- Familiarity with medical device manufacturing requirements and testing for medical products preferred
- Demonstrated Problem Solving Skills
- Project Management Experience
- Self motivated & passionate
- Operationally excellent