Under the general direction of the Department Manager, the Supervisor, Production is responsible for the direction and control of the processing and/or packaging departments during a production shift. Hours: 6am-4pm Essential Job Duties
Scope of Responsibility
- Provides leadership and training for efficient, maximum utilization of available resources.
- Maintains responsibility for monitoring and maintaining effective cost controls, in regard to efficiencies, waste, pounds/hour, overtime, and crewing. Adheres to budgetary guidelines as established by plant Management.
- Maintains responsibility for overseeing maintenance of acceptable standards of sanitation within the plant and the immediate surroundings outside perimeters of operation.
- Maintains open communications between adjoining shift supervision to ensure smooth transition of operation from shift to shift. Communicates with support departments (Q.A., Human Resources, etc.) as needed.
- Maintains responsibility for keeping processed and packaged items within established quality standards.
- Monitors and maintains equipment speeds at established production specifications.
- Ensures completion of all forms, paperwork and records on a timely basis.
- Performs Leader Standard Work daily and maximizes production efficiency and yields, and ensures the most efficient coordination of plant functions during shift operations.
- Maintains responsibility for the implementation of and adherence to the safety program for the respective shift.
- Maintains responsibility for overall security and general welfare of the plant during their shift.
- Maintains responsibility for employee complaint resolution and the implementation of and adherence to the corporate progressive disciplinary program for the respective shift.
- Ensures the highest standards for product quality by identifying and correcting process variability.
- Produce to Sales orders in the most efficient manner.
- Maintains and enhances the non-union participative work environment we have established.
- Delivers process improvement ideas that reduce costs or increase productivity.
- Develops the potential of each associate in order to improve the team results.
- Performs other job-related projects, duties and assignments as directed by Plant Management.
Directly supervises all production associates on the respective shift in the Operations Pretzel Processing, Fried Foods and Packaging departments. Executes supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws; responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Knowledge and Skill Requirements
Education and Experience
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university, preferably in Operations Management, Engineering or Business Administration; or a minimum of 2 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Must have supervisory experience (preferably in food processing). Knowledge of P.C.'s and latest software is required. Professional Licenses or Certifications
Must have valid Driver's License. AIB Certificate or team based training a plus.
Packaging And Labeling
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Production Supervisor 1st shift
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 19682
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Snyder’s-Lance, Inc., headquartered in Charlotte, NC, manufactures and markets snack foods throughout the United States and internationally. The Company’s products include pretzels, sandwich crackers, potato chips, cookies, tortilla chips, restaurant style crackers, nuts and other snacks. Snyder’s-Lance has manufacturing facilities in North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Iowa, Indiana, Georgia, Arizona, Massachusetts, Texas, Florida, Ohio, and Ontario, Canada. Products are sold under the Snyder’s of Hanover, Lance, Cape Cod, Krunchers!, Tom’s, Archway, Jays, Stella D’oro, O-Ke-Doke, and Grande brand names along with a number of private label and third party brands. Products are distributed nationally through grocery and mass merchandisers, convenience stores, club stores, food service outlets and other channels. The Company Snyder’s-Lance Inc. was formed by bringing the best of two companies together in Snyder’s of Hanover and Lance Inc. in December 2010.
View the full profile