At Jacobs, we're challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world's most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery, and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $14 billion in revenue and a talent force of approximately 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sectors.
Our Advanced Facility team in Appleton, Wisconsin is looking to add an Intermediate level Mechanical Engineer to our Manufacturing & Machine Design Department. This individual would provide services for our local, national, and global clients in the Pulp & Paper, Consumer Products, Food & Beverage, and Chemical Industries. This role will utilize tools such as AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Pro-E, and PDMs to develop custom designs and solutions for our diverse clients.
Throughout the project workflow process this individual will also be responsible for managing client expectations, controlling scope, budget and schedule while delivering on quality. Typical deliverables include General Plant Floor Arrangements, Equipment Specifications, Complete Material Handling Solutions, Custom Detailed Machine Design, Fluid Power Control, Coordination of Custom Machine Build/Assembly, Manufacturing System Integration, Installation Support, Performance Testing/Waste Efficiency/Optimization.
Nature of Work:
• Solves a range of basic problems; analyzes possible solutions using standard procedures; performs a range of straightforward assignments
• Develops difficult working drawings within company and industry codes and standards, from equipment specifications and detailed drawings
• Conduct layout work or checking under no supervision and will exhibit a complete understanding of the materials and methods normally utilized
• Uses, direct or indirect, computer-aided design equipment and/or graphic tools
• Assist in the preparation of cost and material estimates, specifications, reports, and studies with more senior engineers
• Assist in field verification and start-up assignments
• Provide work direction to designers
• Capable of maintaining relationships with clients
• Receive a moderate level of supervision, guidance, and direction
What you’ll need:
• BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering
• At least 5-8 years of practical application of mechanical engineering
• Understanding and application of technical principles, theories and concepts in the field of Mechanical Engineering
• Strong oral and written communication, interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills
Ideally, you’ll also have:
• CAD skills are desired – AutoCAD/SolidWorks.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office product skills.
• Experience leading junior engineers and designers on complex multi-discipline design project from concept development through detail design and construction
• Ability to be forward thinking, learn best practices, and contribute innovative ideas
• Ability to collaborate and work effectively in multi-disciplinary teams
At Jacobs, we don’t settle – always looking beyond to raise the bar and deliver with excellence. We apply our expertise and knowledge as we look to the future with great optimism and focus. We don’t settle until we give our best and know that we’re making a difference.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates.
By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws
and [ Link removed ] .
- Assembly And Installation
- Auto Cad