To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Boston, MA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Desktop Support Engineer
Procom • Boston, MA
Posted 4 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Desktop Support Engineer
On behalf of our client, Procom is seeking an experienced Desktop Support Engineer for a contract position in Boston, MA.
Desktop Support Engineer Responsibilities
- Receive work tasks through the company’s enterprise ticketing system to install hardware and software on desktop and laptop machines
- Image or re-image computers from standardized base image and business unit application profile
- Respond to assigned tickets and requests of medium to high complexity escalated from the help desk
- Install, support, and diagnose/troubleshoot hardware and software for desktop and laptop computers
- Configure and deploy iOS and Blackberry devices
- Ability to lift and carry computer components to deploy and connects pc laptops and desktops at customer office and cube locations
- Remote problem solving through use of remote connection and installation tools • Upgrading desktop hardware – RAM / Hard Drives / Video Cards etc.
- Perform workstation moves and setups
- Perform printer configuration, setup and troubleshooting
- Perform troubleshooting of LAN and connectivity issues
- Perform data migrations and assist in data restorations
- Create and maintain support documentation for the team based from fixes found during troubleshooting issues, as well as installation guides for software and PC builds
- Log problems and resolutions using Problem Tracking Software and update work tickets in real-time with status and next steps toward closure and detailed resolution steps
- Perform work within desktop and software upgrade projects
Desktop Support Engineer Mandatory Skills
- Experience with - Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft One Drive, Microsoft Enterprise Mobility Suite, Skype For Business
- Good working and troubleshooting knowledge of Windows 7
- Basic Microsoft Active Directory knowledge and usage
- Other Skills
- Excellent time management skills are needed to multi-task work quickly and balance multiple tasks at once while maintaining service level agreements with business units
- Good communication skills is one of the most important facets of Desktop Engineer job role in maintaining high customer service levels
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer, CompTIA A+ Service Technician certification is a plus
Desktop Support Engineer Start Date
Desktop Support Engineer Assignment Duration
**Please note we are unable to work with candidates on H1B Visas, or candidates through third parties.**