Looking for a job in the heart of South Reno?
Pacific Cheese has been family owned and operated for over 50 years. We offer a generous and affordable benefits package, including health, dental and vision. We also provide AD&D, LTD, STD, Employee Life Insurance at no cost. In addition to paid vacation, sick, and holiday time, as well as a 401(k) retirement plan with employer match. Interested in anyone with machine operating experience.
We're currently hiring Warehouse Associates
Starting Pay 1st Shift = $17.50/hour - $19.50/hour 2nd Shift = $19.00/hour - $21.00/hour with a potential increase after 120 days of Successful Employment!!
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY: Summary of job duties) Responsible for receiving, checking for accuracy, and storing materials in the warehouse. Fills orders, stacks pallets, and prepares customer orders for shipment. Operates pallets jacks and forklifts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Read customer order and shipping order to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
• Sort and place materials or items on pallets or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
• Sort and store perishable goods in refrigerated rooms.
• Assemble customer orders from stock and place orders on pallets or shelves, and convey orders to packing station or shipping department.
• Mark materials with identifying information as directed. • Record information regarding the amounts of materials or items distributed. • Weigh or count items for distribution within plant to ensure conformance to company standards
• Compile worksheets or tickets from customer specifications.
• Operate designated equipment to transport materials from one location to another.
• Certified to operate dolly, pallet jack, pallet rider, and/or forklift while loading supplies and equipment.
• Verify order accuracy. • Rotates and replenishes inventory as directed.
• Take initiative for identifying areas of improvement within the department and working with management in resolving problems that arise.
• Follow established departmental policies, procedures, objectives and safety standards.
• Adhere to company attendance and punctuality policy. • Must attend all company and department required trainings. • Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS/WORK CONDITIONS: Work is performed in a warehouse/production type atmosphere where the temperature is as low as 32 degrees (typically 45-55 degrees). Noise level in the production environment may require the use of hearing protection. Requires standing for long periods of time frequently twisting, turning, bending, stooping, reaching, pushing, pulling and lifting material up to 50lbs.
Pacific Cheese is a drug free work place, pre-employment includes a drug screen.
Pacific Cheese is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local laws