Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) provides management consulting and technology services to help public sector education, health, human services, and other government clients achieve their performance goals and better serve populations in need. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has more than 2,200 professionals in 55 offices around the U.S. and in Montreal, UK and Poland. The firm draws on more than three decades of consulting to public sector clients to deliver best-practice solutions and measurable results to state and local public agencies, state-operated facilities, and private providers that do business with government agencies. PCG is committed to a diverse workforce which is a reflection of our clients and the people they serve. Our organizational culture attracts and rewards people who are results-oriented and interested in making an immediate impact on their community as well as their own career.
The Cost Allocation Center of Excellence within the PCG Health and Human Services Practice Areas is looking for a Senior Advisor/Subject Matter Expert to join its growing team. This individual will provide support to a staff working on projects across the country. This individual will interface directly with clients as well.
• Provide subject matter expertise related to cost allocation plans and indirect cost rates to staff and clients across an array of different types of programs and agencies.
• Research specific scenarios on behalf of clients and provide expert opinions.
• Provide negotiate assistance to clients as they negotiate plans and rates with clients.
• Provide daily client and project support either onsite or via phone/email.
• Learn PCG’s web-based technologies and leading clients through the customization process, implementation, training, and ongoing operational efforts.
• Prepare and present written status reports, assessment documentation, and recommendation reports for clients.
• Conduct policy and other research.
• Define, document, and improve business processes.
This is a salaried position. This position will be ideally based in one of our offices in Raleigh, North Carolina, Boston, Massachusetts, or Albany, New York, but remote locations will be considered. Over 40 hours per week is required. Travel will be required to various PCG offices and/or client sites.
• Expert knowledge of public assistance cost allocation plans, indirect cost rates, and federal cost allocation regulations including the Uniform Guidance.
• Excellent time management, organizational, presentation, and written and oral communication skills.
• Strong analytical skills, including the ability to analyze and organize data.
• Ability to work in both a team situation and autonomously.
• Proficiency in Microsoft applications, including SharePoint.
• Commitment to life long learning.
• Flexibility and willingness to embrace change.
• Health and human services programmatic knowledge including federal reporting knowledge (e.g., CMS-64, CB-496, etc.)
• Prior supervisory and/or mentoring experience.
• Previous state, federal, or local government experience.
Required Education and Prior Experience:
• At least a Bachelor’s Degree is required, Master’s Degree or CPA preferred.
• 10 plus years of relevant work experience.