START YOUR CAREER WITH CORECIVIC.
At CoreCivic, we do more than manage inmates, we care for people. CoreCivic is currently seeking Medical Translators who have a passion for providing the highest quality care in an institutional setting. The Medical Translator is responsible for providing interpreter and translator services, both written and oral, to Spanish and English speaking patients and staff throughout the facility. Must demonstrate strong conversational and written skills in the Spanish and English languages, medical terminology and interpreting and translating skills. Ability to consistently meet the departmental work schedule, as designated.
The successful applicant should be able to perform ALL of the following functions at a pace and level of performance consistent with the actual job performance requirements.
- Provide interpreting and translating services to Spanish and English speaking patients and staff throughout the facility.
- Attend sick call and/or other clinical appointments with medical providers to see Spanish speaking patients.
- Document and report activities in accordance with established policies and/or witnessing forms signed by Spanish speaking patients.
- Maintain absolute security and confidentiality of all medical records.
- Prepare and maintain a variety of standard narrative, statistical, summary and/or operational records, reports and logs, using appropriate grammar, to include filing, alphabetizing and labeling; review reports and records produced on the shifts; properly processes all reports and documents in a timely manner.
More about CoreCivic!
Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee with over 70 facilities nationwide, CoreCivic is the leader in partnership corrections with a growing presence in:
CoreCivic Safety, we operate safe, secure facilities that provide high quality services and effective reentry programs that enhance public safety.
CoreCivic Properties, we offer innovative and flexible real estate solutions that provide value to government and the people they serve.
CoreCivic Community, we deliver proven and innovative practices in settings that help people obtain employment, successful reintegrate into society and keep communities safe.
With opportunities in correctional security, education, and healthcare, CoreCivic has a position that's perfect for you.
Each CoreCivic facility is like a small town. Our correctional facilities feature kitchens, dining halls, places of worship, classrooms, vocational training centers, health care clinics, recreational areas, housing units, administrative offices and more. Working together, we provide hundreds of services and perform countless tasks every day. Teamwork is a way of life for CoreCivic employees and how we are able to provide the industry's highest quality safety and security around the clock.
CoreCivic offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes Health, Dental, Vision, Life, PTO, Paid Holidays, 401(k) with company match and paid training!
- High school diploma, GED certification, equivalent or greater.
- Minimum of one year directly related training and/or experience is required.
- Experience as an interpreter or translator in a medical setting preferred.
- Must successfully complete a facility bilingual assessment.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 18 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug Free Workplace & EOE– M/F/Vets/Disabled.
- Language Translation
- Spanish Language
- Language Interpretation
- English Language