Envision Physician Services is a multispecialty physician group and practice management company. Established in 1953, our organization provides anesthesia, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, radiology, primary/urgent care, surgical services, and women’s and children’s health services to hospitals and health systems nationwide.Responsibilities
We currently have an exciting opportunity available for a Newborn Hearing Screen Supervisor to work on a part time basis. Positions are based in a busy Newborn Nursery / NICU hospital setting at Northwest Medical Center in Tucson, AZ. This part time position will enable the right person to work up to 26 hours per week. Our program operates 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Schedules will be determined a month in advance and will include some weekends and holidays. This part time position requires the individual to work from 8:00 a.m. The shift ends when the last baby is screened.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS PART TIME POSITION:
- Participates in the implementation and organization of the hearing screening program.
- Acts as main point of contact at hospital. Interacts and develops relationships with hospital departments and Program Medical Director to ensure effective level of collaboration.
- Participates in the supervision and daily operation of the hearing screening program, including shift coverage and preparation of monthly hearing screen technician schedule.
- Processes bi weekly payroll for all hearing screening technicians including review, edit and approval of time records.
- Maintains a working knowledge of behavioral and HR staff issues; reporting staff issues appropriately to Practice Management.
- Responsible for disciplinary documentation, both verbal and written, up to and including termination.
- Responsible for all State Reporting.
- Performs newborn hearing screening on all infants in the nursery and NICU prior to discharge from the facility.
- Provides screening results to parents.
- Maintains and uses hearing screen equipment.
Successful candidates must have the following experience in order to be considered:
- Able to work part time up to 26 hours a week, including occasional weekends and holidays.
- Be customer service focused.
- Possess basic computer skills.
- Have the ability to learn and operate hearing screen equipment.
- Possess strong organizational skills and be highly attentive to detail.
- Communicate and work well independently as well as in a team environment.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and 1 or more years of healthcare related experience preferred.
- BLS/CPR Certification: Company will provide upon agreement of job offer.
To be considered, candidates must submit verifiable prior employment for the past seven years including title, dates of hire and salary history and will be subject to a criminal background check. Education is also verified. Patient interfacing candidates will be subject to a drug screening.
If you are ready to join an exciting, progressive company and have a strong work ethic, join our team of experts! We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
Envision uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Envision Physician Services are Equal Opportunity Employers.
Electronic Medical Record
Utilize Nursing Process
Assign Nursing Staff
Coordinate Nursing Unit