Great Lakes Caring understands that the value and quality of our care relies upon the ability and satisfaction of our employees. We prioritize patient care and employee satisfaction above corporate profitability. Because our core values underscore the foundation of our culture, we created I Am Great Lakes Caring to ensure that every employee embraces and is committed to our company's focus and mission. If you share our commitment to delivering superior quality care and loving where you work, then we invite you to join our team of compassionate professionals.
I am committed to quality. It is at the core of everything I do and every decision I make.
The Certified Home Health Aide provides personal health care, and related services and additional tasks as assigned to the client in the home.
My commitment will include:
- Provides superior quality care to patients under the direction of the Registered Nurse.
- Providing a safe and hygienic environment for each individual patient I care for.
- Promoting positive, supportive, respectful communication to patient, family and other employees.
- Providing necessary skills to appropriately report changes and document pertinent information and care rendered to the patient to ensure continuity of care.
- Providing appropriate skills necessary to assist the patient with proper nutrition and adequate fluid intake.
- Working cooperatively with patient and family. Sharing observations and problems with the supervisor.
- Working an on-call weekend rotation to meet the needs of patients 24/7.
- Education: Must provide satisfactory evidence of successful completion of classroom and supervised practical training totaling at least 75 hours, with at least 16 hours devoted to supervised practical training. The individual being trained must complete at least 16 hours of classroom training before beginning the supervised practical training.
- Licensure: Must maintain certification as a Licensed Nursing Assistant (C.N.A. or STNA) in applicable state.
- Experience: Experience as a Home Health Aide or Nursing Assistant in a hospital, nursing home or home health agency preferred.
- Skills: Must be able to read and write and carry out directions in English. Demonstrates a sympathetic attitude toward the care of the sick and desires to provide care in the home. Ability to pass competency evaluation prior to performing care. Must be self-motivated.
- Transportation: Reliable transportation.
I am committed to a caring culture that embraces teamwork and supports the employee.
At Great Lakes Caring Home Health and Hospice we want you to love your work and the people you work with, while making a positive difference in the lives of patients. That is why a career at Great Lakes Caring offers:
- A new challenge that allows you to spend more quality time with patients
- A flexible schedule to accommodate a work/life balance
- Competitive compensation (based on experience)
- A full line of benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Opportunities for advancement within our organization and longevity
- NURSECAR℠ company car program
- Tuition reimbursement and certification testing
I am committed to integrity, efficiency and the highest ethical standards.
[ Link removed ] - URL blocked - click to apply is one of the nation’s leading providers of in home health care. Since 1994, Great Lakes Caring has dedicated its resources to providing value-based, high quality care wherever our patients call home. Great Lakes Caring’s primary focus is to provide superior quality health care to those we are honored to serve, utilizing state-of-the-art technology and innovative processes which drive extraordinary patient outcomes. With locations across the country, Great Lakes Caring provides the right care, at the right time, in the right place. Great Lakes Caring is committed to being a great place to work for employees, and is the recipient of Fortune Magazine’s Best Workplaces in Healthcare and Best Workplaces for Millennials awards, in addition to being recognized as a National Best and Brightest Company to Work For.
Certified Nursing Assistant