To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Oak Brook, IL 60523
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Business Development Manager (CHI 1948)
Middough Inc • Oak Brook, IL
Posted 3 days ago
Business Development Manager
The Business Development Manager (BDM) develops and coordinates business opportunities in the marketplace through continuous professional contact with existing and/or new clientele. The primary BD responsibility is to target and develop new clients resulting in proposal, project and consulting engagement success to drive profitable business relationships for Middough. The BDM determines client long-range capital expenditure budgets and the corresponding need for project solutions including Front End Loading (FEL), Engineering, Procurement, Construction Management (EPCM), Consulting, and Project Management Team (PMT) services. The BDM understands Middough’s capabilities and applies this knowledge to identify, develop and expand our client base in existing industries including process, industrial, life science, facilities and power. The BDM works in collaborative fashion with other BDM’s within the Middough organization and with the operational leaders within Middough’s regional and satellite offices.
- Build and maintain a Client/Prospect funnel and pipeline to prioritize business pursuit based on multi-faceted scoring.
- Develops and implements regional strategic marketing plans, business objectives and relationship activities.
- Develops formal strategies and plans for client pursuits.
- Makes direct contact with leads, prospects, prospective clients, influencers, and coordinates the activities of others, thus leading a well-organized Middough approach including the development of pertinent materials and information required to complete business development activities.
- Coordinates the development of presentations, SOQs and proposals in concert and cooperation with operations and project staff and senior management.
- Solicits qualified bid and proposal opportunities based on focused and targeted plan.
- Leads in developing win strategies for specific opportunities.
- Conducts financial and contract review of prospective projects and regional business activities to ensure adherence to financial and risk objectives of the business.
- Leads contract negotiations
- Maintains records of all target client BD activity including contacts, communication, and results.
- Participates in client entertainment activities, as required.
- Promotes Middough’s profile by participating in relevant industry associations, conferences, and other forums
- Identify and help develop strategic collaborations with firms offering complementary services to target market segments and/or clients
- Define required project delivery models for target market segments and clients and collaborate with operations and projects team members to develop such models
- Develop Annual Portfolio Plans and budgets for Business Development.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 15+ years of experience in business development for FEL, EPCM, PMT and Consulting projects.
- Pharmaceutical industry experience preferred.
- 15+ years of experience in financial, contract, risk and change management aspects of projects.
- 5+ years experience in project and/or construction management or engineering for industrial projects
- Demonstrated success in identifying, pursuing, negotiating and winning service projects in excess of $1MM and EPCM services for projects in the $10-150MM TIC range
- Experience with >$150MM TIC projects a plus
- Possesses significant strength and a well-established network in the industries strategic to Middough with specific experience in metals, refining, and chemical industries.
- Significant experience in engineering, architecture, project and construction management and related service fields in a multi-office work-sharing environment.
- Performs complex assignments requiring independent decision making capability
- Accredited Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Business
- Strong negotiation, organization, communication and presentation skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
The characteristics described below are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing duties of this job, the employee will:
- occasionally be required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop or kneel, talk and hear, and use fingers and hands to feel objects, tools or controls;
- frequently use close vision, distance vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The job will generally be performed in an office environment, but may require occasional overnight travel to a Client’s office, production facility or industrial/construction job site. Conditions will vary at each location, but the conditions listed above will generally apply.
- Overtime may be necessary as workload dictates. This may include weekdays, weekends and/or holidays.
Middough Inc. does not support sponsorship for any applicant that requires an employment visa (i.e. H-1B) to work lawfully in the US.
Middough Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of diversity and actively recruits minority, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.