To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Minneapolis, MN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
VWR International, LLC • Minneapolis, MN
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Sales Representative is accountable for all sales activities, from lead generation through close, in an assigned territory, using a formal selling approach. This role develops and implements an agreed upon Operating Plan which will meet both personal and business goals of expanding customer sales in the assigned geography. They will work closely within the sales and support teams for the achievement of customer satisfaction, revenue generation, and long-term account goals in line with company business strategy. Each Sales Representative has access to sell the entire product line(s) that VWR offers to their customers, regardless of segment specialty.
- Provide VWR solutions to customers across the Pharmaceutical/Biotech/Industrial (PBI) segments.
- Manage a territory consisting of many customers across various markets
- Prospect and establish new customers by managing a sales pipeline and developing and delivering proposals to customers by illustrating VWR's value proposition
- Sell consultatively, detailing products, determine customer needs and requirements, and make recommendations to both prospects and customers of the various solutions VWR can offer their business
- Work with sales management to develop strategic territory business plans for achievement of sales growth and quota attainment
- Work in conjunction with sales management team providing proposals and implementing sales strategies to achieve sales growth
- Build and sustain relationships with customers and ensure customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Manage VWR's vast product portfolio and execute and implement company defined sales and marketing strategies
- Expand VWR's role with existing customers by developing retention strategies illustrating VWR's value proposition in conjunction with evolving customer requirements
- Leverage available resources to effectively implement company marketing plan, strategies and sales processes
- Represent and develop strong relationships with manufacturers
- Work directly with local manufacturer representatives to develop and continually improve product knowledge, arrive at most favored pricing, and improve account profitability.
Experience & Skills:
- Science or Medical Technology background preferred
- Excellent communication and team interaction skills, routinely interacting with customers, manufacturers, and staff
- Ability to carry on a business conversation with business owners and decision makers
- Ability to handle difficult situations and interactions
- Ability to work independently and successfully manage time and territory
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to sell strategically within an account
- Ability to understand individual customer operations
- Willingness to travel to customer locations
- Computer Knowledge (Microsoft Office)
- College degree or equivalent/applicable experience
- 3-5 years of experience working in a complex sales environment, where multiple people are involved in the purchasing decision and there is a solution based selling approach
- A proven track record of verifiable sales success driving growth with a consultative, strategic selling approach
- Business-to-business sales experience, with preference given to those with distribution experience and a scientific background and/or having work in a laboratory or research environment
- Demonstrated capability to effectively utilize best in class selling processes (e.g. SPIN, Challenger, Miller Heiman) and technology platforms including Salesforce.com and Clikview
Environmental Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
- Typically works in a home office environment with extensive regional travel to customer locations.
- Work assignments are diversified. Examples of past precedent are used to resolve work problems. New alternatives may be developed to resolve problems.
- A frequent volume of work and deadlines impose strain on routine basis.
- Minimal physical effort is required. Work is mostly sedentary but does require walking, standing, bending, reaching, lifting or carrying objects that typically weigh less than 10 lbs.
Avantor® is a global manufacturer and distributor of high-quality products, services and solutions to professionals in the life sciences and advanced technology industries. As our channel brand, VWR offers an integrated, seamless purchasing experience that is optimized for the way our customers do business. Operating from over 30 countries worldwide, the company seeks to enable customer success in the biopharmaceutical, pharmaceutical, medical device, diagnostics, healthcare, educational, industrial, government, aerospace & defense, and semiconductor industries. For more information visit www.settingscienceinmotion.com .
Resume Submissions To VWR From Third Party Recruitment Firms Will Not Be Considered
VWR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
VWR maintains a drug free workplace.
VWR is a US Federal contractor.
VWR and design are registered trademarks of VWR International, LLC. VWR International, LLC is aware of fraudulent e-mails referencing VWR job opportunities. Please note: VWR does not hire employees through e-mail solicitation and never requests any employee to cash money orders or send money to others. If you question the validity of a job, please visit jobs.vwr.com .
For more information on VWR please visit www.vwr.com .
Job Posting Date: 2018-10-11