Job Title: Power BI Analyst/Developer
Location: Middle River, MD
Duration: 6+ Months.
Power BI Analyst/Developer
This position will:
- Support the Data Analytics Team in developing and maintaining reports, and dashboards to ensure data quality before release.
- Create, review, and monitor requirement documents and visual displays of reports and dashboards.
- Collaborating with business owners and subject matter experts to clarify requirements and to complete user acceptance testing.
- Creating documentation needed to support repeatability of annual upgrades.
The ideal candidate will have the following skill set as described in the contract:
- 3+ years of experience developing in Power BI developing dashboards, reports, and datasets.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT, MIS, Business Management, Engineering, Project Management, or related field. This may be substituted with relevant experience of 5+ years.
- Ability to work on multiple priorities and meet project delivery dates.
- Knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- K–12 education experience preferred but not required.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of users and teammates.
- Ability to analyze and interpret business requirements and designs into Power BI solutions.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to perform unit, system, and performance testing.
- Ability to produce status reports and communicate status of projects on a regular basis.
- Tableau knowledge preferred but not required.
- Experience working with Power BI.
- Skill in the operation of computers and peripheral equipment.
- Skill in creative and analytic problem solving.
- Understanding of Data Warehousing principals, concepts, and architecture.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet project delivery dates.
- Ability to effectively analyze and manage requirements.
- Ability to visualize complex issues.
- Knowledge of personal computers, Microsoft Office suite of tools including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Teams.
- Ability to coordinate the work of a team with the work of other units within the Department of Research, Assessment, and Accountability and other BCPS offices and departments.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of users and team members.
Anil Kumar Kotte
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Power BI Analyst/Developer
- provided by Dice
- Acceptance Testing
- Business Informatics
- Business Management
- Business Requirements