Working independently, the Facilities Maintenance Manager manages and maintains GameStop’s Grapevine Distribution Center, Refurbishment Center, and Store Support Center. This position is responsible for building maintenance, environmental / safety regulation compliance, grounds maintenance, custodial support, support for corporate events and space assignments. An associate in this position also has supervisory and budgetary responsibility. The principal outcome for this position is the long-term value preservation of GameStop’s facility assets. An associate in this position may interact with his or her supervisor as needed by either. Most activities can be completed without a supervisor’s advance approval.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
- Administer the ongoing Predictive/Preventive Maintenance Program in the Distribution Center including conveyor, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, and forklift equipment
- Supervise Facilities Maintenance team members; ensure daily compliance with DC & Refurb safety and loss prevention policies.
- Contribute technical resources for capital improvements and construction projects
- Support the Organization’s growth strategy through the development and implementation of automated processes in the Distribution Center
- Manage payroll, services, and supplies expenses
- Foster strong working relationships with the Store Support, Distribution and Refurbishment centers
- Create and maintain a positive work environment that supports open feedback and two-way communication at all levels.
- Select, onboard, and develop team members in partnership with the Site Director of DC Operations and Director of Facilities
- Establish priorities, monitor work quality, provide work-related feedback, and engage in other activities related to the guidance and supervision of others
- Proactively address all team member performance/personnel issues, and work with Site Director and or Human Resources to ensure that all performance issues are resolved quickly and efficient
- Interact with Material Handling Vendors to plan and support MHE expansion and maintenance
- Assist Site Director with projects as needed within the general scope of this role and related responsibilities
- Maintain a functional inventory system to ensure spare parts and supplies are in stock to reduce downtime.
Coaching and Developing Others – Providing feedback, instruction and development guidance to help others excel in their current or future job responsibilities; planning and supporting the development of individual skills and abilities
Collaboration – Working effectively and cooperatively with others; establishing and maintaining good working relationships
Work Standards – Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed
Safety Awareness – Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards
Decision Making – Making logical decisions for direction based on information that may not be complete. Knowing when to escalate.
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
- High school diploma or GED required; bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field from an accredited program preferred
- At least 5 years of experience in facilities maintenance required; experience in an automated distribution center environment preferred
- At least 3 years of supervisory experience required
- Experience in a multi-unit retail environment preferred
- Experience with automated pick to light, put to light, and/or sortation equipment preferred
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Expert knowledge of facilities-related health and safety standards including the proper use of Material Data Safety Sheets, general material handling, sanitation, and preventive maintenance.
- Proficient understanding of major facilities systems, including building HVAC, electrical layouts and distribution/refurbishment center mechanical equipment
- Proficient ability to communicate effectively with others using spoken and written English — bilingual English/Spanish communication skills preferred
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others; conducts working relationships in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization
- Proficient knowledge of Windows-based business computers and Microsoft Office programs; specifically, Excel, Outlook and Word
- Proficient project planning skills, including the ability to organize, prioritize and control job responsibilities in order to meet deadlines in an environment with overlapping and potentially conflicting priorities
- Ability to assertively solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to effectively coach, develop, retain, train, hire, and discipline others in order to produce a successful team
- Proficient knowledge of programmable logic controllers and automation of electromechanical processes
- Consistently demonstrates a commitment to GameStop policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest, and ethical responsibilities
- Ability to negotiate with vendors to reduce supply costs while continuing to optimize quality
- Spanish Language
- Preventive Maintenance