To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Application Engineer (Entry Level)
Atlas Copco • Houston, TX
Posted 15 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Imagine your future with Atlas Copco!
Atlas Copco is a world leading provider of industrial productivity solutions. Our products and services range from compressed air and gas equipment, generators, construction and mining equipment, and industrial tools and assembly systems to related aftermarket and rental. In close cooperation with customers and business partners and with more than 140 years of experience, Atlas Copco innovates for superior productivity. Headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, we presently have 40,000 employees located in 180 countries around the globe.
We are seeking an Entry Level Application Engineer to join our team in Houston, TX.
General Description - The Application Engineer will answer inbound sales calls, respond to customer inquiries for quotes and partner with project management to ensure transition from sales to production is a smooth “hand-off”. They will read through technical specification requirements and prepare proposals, interpret specifications and prepare proposals to meet each client’s requirements and review purchase orders for accuracy. The Application Engineer will answer all technical questions, for our customers, about our products, assist outside sales representatives in closing sales and maintain open lines of communication with other Atlas Copco departments from order receipt to product delivery in order to ensure any and all issues are addressed and resolved within a timely manner.
Roles and Responsibliltes
- Technical Applications Support (100%) – Provide support for compressor system design, application engineering, and proposal generation for the AIF, AII, and QAS Divisions.
- Customer contact as needed to support proposals and contracts.
- Assist sales as needed to promote Atlas Copco solutions and products.
- Review and respond to customer inquiries and specifications on a timely basis.
- Design compressed air systems to meet customer requirements.
- Travel to customer sites and make presentations as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's (4-year) degree in mechanical engieering or related.
- 0-2 years experience in application engineering, specific experience in applications for rotating equipment desirable.
- Must be an independent self-starter, with excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Must be willing to work closely with team.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel, as well as in IBM Lotus Notes applications. AutoCad experience is a plus.
- Must be able to read pneumatic/hydraulic flow diagrams and general arrangement drawings. Understanding of electrical drawings a plus.
- Must be able to build and grow relationships with different personality types and be a team player with a “can-do” attitude
So are you ready for a world-class challenge? Then join Atlas Copco, the world's leading provider of industrial compressed air equipment, parts, and service.
Atlas Copco Compressors LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, protective veteran status or any other category protected by state or local laws.