Tesla is looking for a talented Senior Counsel, Construction to join our legal team. In this role, you will support construction, CapEx and business teams on a variety of transactions and negotiations. The ideal candidate will have exposure to various fields including contracting, construction, permitting, and general commercial transactions including NDAs, supply agreements, equipment purchase, and lease agreements, general contract management, legal research, warranty notices, mechanics liens, construction claim management notices. A background that incorporates a mixture of law firm and in-house experience is ideal. A strong background in all facets of commercial and real estate/construction law is required, and a background in litigation is preferred.
This role is expected to support internal stakeholders, contract negotiations, drive cost savings initiatives, implement strategic sourcing best practices, and provide legal advice and support on transactions supporting the day-to-day operations of the company. This position will require some travel.
* J.D. with excellent academic credentials
* 7+ years handling commercial and/or construction contracts including NDAs, service agreements, construction agreements, design agreements, notices to proceed, mechanic's liens, warranty claims, construction claim correspondence, with a strong background in all facets of commercial, construction, and real estate law
* Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) including ability to effectively relay large amounts of information in a concise format
* Proven negotiation, drafting, and analytical skills for various types of commercial contracts including equipment purchase agreements, joint development agreements, non-disclosure agreements, construction agreements, services agreements.
* Demonstrated ability to be part of a team and complete assignments in a timely manner
* Sound and practical business judgment
* Demonstrated ability to work efficiently and independently, prioritize workflow, meet demanding deadlines, and manage multi-faceted projects in a fast-paced environment
* Proven track record of learning quickly, taking initiative, working proactively, being resourceful and taking on additional responsibility Preferred Qualifications
* In-house legal experience is a plus
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Senior Commercial Counsel, Construction
for additional information or to request accommodations.
Privacy is a top priority for Tesla. We build it into our products and view it as an essential part of our business. To understand more about the data we collect and process as part of your application, please view our Tesla Talent Privacy Notice.
- Claim Processing
- Contract Management
- Contract Negotiation