The Truck Driver I is responsible for delivering products to/from customers, company branch/warehouse locations, and company suppliers in a delivery van or box truck (No CDL required). Responsible for ensuring that deliveries are prepared to meet customer requirements in the most efficient manner, and materials are correct and free of damage.
What You'll Do
- Inspects company vehicle for visual and operating defects. Responsible for completing a daily inspection report
- Keeps company vehicle clean, serviced, and maintained. Alerts supervisor of repair and/or service needed
- Must follow Department of Transportation (DOT), local and state driving laws and regulations
- Loads or unloads vehicle; and ensures all material for each order is correct (quantity and type of material), and that material is free of damage before departure
- May assist in preparing orders for delivery
- Ensures all appropriate documentation is thoroughly completed at the time of delivery, including delivery receipt is signed by the customer, packing list and branch/warehouse manifest
- Picks up material returns from customers. Responsible for inspecting the condition of the material and verifies quantities and catalog numbers
- Picks up material from company suppliers
- May be required to support other Warehouse duties such as preparing and filling orders and/or receiving, stocking, staging, and shipping material
- Other duties as assigned
The information contained in this job description is intended to describe the essential job functions required of those assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to perform the job. Please note that management retains the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The ability to competently perform all the essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery, integrity, and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or work group are basic requirements of all positions at Rexel USA.